Fantasy Football newbie here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Football newbie here

I joined 2 fantasy football leagues this year and need some help and advice. We are drafting this weekend and besides picking the best players you can, what other things are good to consider?

I see some of the same people winning leagues all the time and figure there has to be some way I can get an edge or have more of a chance at winning the league.

Or am i wrong and the best players/picks are just going to win?

I tend to stay away from guys that are coming off injury. Prime example is Adrian Peterson, Trent Richardson and Matt Forte. Guys who aren't healthy and also in shape at Week 1. Also pay attention to whats going on in preseason. Also guys who might be in a holdout situation like Maurice Jones Drew and Mike Wallace. They haven't played at all yet, so you know they will be rusty.

As for strategy, I tend to pick the best player on the board unless I need to pick at another positon. The first 3-4 rounds I'll be like that, then as the draft goes along I'll go and pick guys for the positions I have left to fill. I don't really care for defenses, cause you can likely find a good defensive matchup on a week to week basis.

Thats just me though.
    Los Angeles Rams 11-5
    Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
    Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

It's NEVER too early to draft a good kicker.

Comment

Originally posted by clevelandkid View Post
        Lol.

Draft strategy depends entirely on how the league scores.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by clevelandkid View Post
          I'm glad I'm playing against you in FF this year, LOL!
          Originally posted by Nash B.
          Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

First thing you should do is join my league since you are a newbie.. 100$ buy in..

Dont sit there and draft your favorite players or players from your favorite college. Kickers can wait with the last pick. Find players who are playing for a new contract. Pick players on a bad defensive team. Dont pick players you expect to be sitting on the bench because they dont wanna get hurt for the playoffs.

I cant really give you any tips, half of fantasy football is luck imo. Plus we dont know your scoring system/ Roster Setting
            Originally posted by 03trubluGT
            Your opinion is what sucks.
            You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

you guys keep knocking on picking a kicker and a GOOD kicker can be a huge asset to your team. If you get a kicker that is on a team with prolific offense, you can almost guarantee a double digit output every game. The guy from the Packers comes to mind.

That being said, you still don't do it until the later rounds...just not the LAST round.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                you guys keep knocking on picking a kicker and a GOOD kicker can be a huge asset to your team. If you get a kicker that is on a team with prolific offense, you can almost guarantee a double digit output every game. The guy from the Packers comes to mind.

That being said, you still don't do it until the later rounds...just not the LAST round.
                meh, you might be right but i remember last season i was reading an article on kickers and how they didnt separate them much apart points wise from the best and average kickers.

I usually take my kickers with the 3rd to last and last pick. That's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by unkoricky View Post
                  meh, you might be right but i remember last season i was reading an article on kickers and how they didnt separate them much apart points wise from the best and average kickers.

I usually take my kickers with the 3rd to last and last pick. That's just me.
                  Well, if the kicker is leading the league in points, wouldn't you want him on your team?

Comment

Well, if the kicker is leading the league in points, wouldn't you want him on your team?
                    what are we talking about?

Why would a kicker be leading the league in points?

Comment

what are we talking about?

Why would a kicker be leading the league in points?
                      I am talking about the points in the real NFL. Usually a kicker scores more points than anyone else in the real life NFL.

Comment

I am talking about the points in the real NFL. Usually a kicker scores more points than anyone else in the real life NFL.
                        We're talking fantasy football.. that doesnt apply.

Comment

We're talking fantasy football.. that doesnt apply.
                          Why not? Still the same amount of field goals and extra points.

I am saying, if he gets the most points in real life, that pretty much translates to the best kicker on FF. Unless some douche is kicking 55 yard field goals EVERY time he makes a field goal.

Comment

Comment

LOL, not trollin.

I just think there is some value in having a great kicker compared to picking up a backup receiver or running back late in the rounds.

If my thinking is off, it sure as hell helped last season when I won the DFWM league.

Comment

Working...
                              X