UFC 151 cancelled!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
    At least we won't have to worry about Vitor running from Jones.
    Being a machida fan, that disappoints me. That said you speak the truth. This fight will result in a W for jones, unless belfort wins the lotto.
    Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Machida just fought, so im assuming its too soon.
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I guess they must of changed it last night. When I posted it, they had Machida fighting him.

Comment

It's very dissapointing they cancelled the whole card, even if the rest was kind of soft.

I know Jones is taking a lot of heat for turning down Chael, but that will be an even bigger fight down the road now there is some back story to hype.

8 days to promote that fight doesn't do it justice, and his mgmt team knows that. That fight will be a huge payday for both of them when they have the time to push it correctly.

Comment

I don't keep up with mma like I used to, but seeing this tells me the rest of the card must have been absolute shit to cancel an entire event over one fight. Again, I don't keep up very well, but it seems to me like they have flooded their own market by having events every other weekend, thinning the pool of card worthy and bout ready fighters.

Comment

These aren't regular champs anymore with the "I can beat anyone" attitude, these are the career champs.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                These aren't regular champs anymore with the "I can beat anyone" attitude, these are the career champs.
                A taste of success and big money and he's gonna want everything to his advantage before stepping into the octagon.

Although I do think he's a big sissy for not accepting the Sonnen fight, they're both greco-roman guys but Chael's boxing is a little sharper (but no right hand).

Vitor has one thing going for him, and that's speed in every which way.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                  Jones won't fight Sonnen? WTF?
                  conspiracy theory?? Jone's camp seems to think so.

Comment

Wtf. That link forces me to the appstore to buy their app. If I decline I get "blocked" from the site.
                    Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Anyone like some pizza?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
                        Wtf. That link forces me to the appstore to buy their app. If I decline I get "blocked" from the site.
                        heres the article

Jones' camp: Sonnen knew, planned Pearl Harbor

Bloody Elbow's Ari LeVaux spoke to Jon Jones' striking coach Mike Winkeljohn about UFC 151. Winkeljohn implied that Sonnen had been training for Jones, in order to 'Pearl Harbor' the UFC Light Heavyweight championship.

Bloody Elbow: So Mike, what's your take on UFC 151/Jon Jones drama?

Mike Winkeljohn: Enough's enough. I can't sit back on the sidelines any longer. All I can say to everybody, don't put this on Jon. There are others to blame. This UFC 151 problem should have been resolved weeks ago. Chael Sonnen is a smart guy with cardio for days. He has relentless takedowns and is a much different fighter than Dan Henderson.

How long has Chael been attacking Jon in the media? Hmm. He's a man known for moneymaking schemes and cheating by bending the rules. And he's done this in various arenas. I think Chael played almost everyone like a fiddle. But I believe like a coward he tried to train and strike Jon when Jon wasn't looking. But hey, Jon is a warrior, and he, actually we, saw it coming. All I can say to Chael is nice try.

Jon vs. Sonnen. With no surprise attacks like Pearl Harbor. That's a fight I want to see. Jon will win the war, and I think the UFC should capitalize on it.

BE: So, you're saying you want to see Jones vs Sonnen (just not on 8-slash-3 day's notice)?

MJ: Oh yeah. There's nothing more that we want than that.

BE: To your knowledge was Jon Jones offered Chael Sonnen for UFC 152 in Toronto?

MJ: "To my knowledge he was not offered it. I'm not his manager. I do not know about that. I'm not sure why, or if there was some kind of contractual agreement elsewhere. But I know that Jon would be super-motivated to beat up on Chael in Toronto."

Comment

Working...
                        X