FFL advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFL advice

I've got 2 starting spots, and 5 players to decide between. I need to fill my WR2 spot, and my flex (HB/WR). I'm deciding between 2 HBs and 3 WRs, so at least one of the two has to be a WR. The players...

Malcom Floyd, WR San Diego - @OAK

He should be a lead target for Rivers with Robert Meachem, and having been there longer will probably have better timing with Rivers. He seems to flirt with big numbers every year, but also has injury issues. As the new #1 he's supposed to have a big year if he can stay on the field. Also he will be playing an Oakland team who is ranked right near the bottom in pass D.

Steve Johnson, WR Buffalo - @NYJ

No question that he's the #1 in Buffalo, and he's a very dependable player points-wise. Unlike the other WRs, Johnson's numbers are usually very consistent in the 8-13 range. Johnson has a big disadvantage at QB though, as Fitzpatrick doesn't have the arm that the other QBs do. So while the average points are a safer bet, the others have the potential to get a much higher output if they break out. The Jets are ranked very high in pass D as well, so that doesn't help Johnson's case.

Nate Washington, WR Tennessee - vsNE

Broke out last season after Britt went down, and Britt is still fighting injuries and a legal battle. Washington became the #1 receiving option last year for Hasselbeck, but will it continue with Locker throwing the rock? He has high potential, but could also sink back down to the nothing special he used to be. One big thing in his favor is that NE is ranked last in pass D.

Ahmad Bradshaw, HB NYG - vsDAL

With no more Brandon Jacobs, Bradshaw is the man in NY which means more carries. However his production had dropped quite a bit last season, and he's been fighting foot injuries the last few years. Will he decline again, or come back in form with extra carries? It also doesn't help that he's playing the Cowboys, so I'm hoping he sucks a fat one. Dallas is also ranked well against the run.

Stevan Ridley, HB NE - @TEN

No more BJGE in New England, and Ridley is supposed to take his spot. Ridley was impressive in his rookie season, and is expected to be the main guy now. He does fumble a lot, and also has to split time with Woodhead and Vereen. However he will get the majority of red zone carries, and probably get the higher carry totals as well. He will be running against a Titans D which is not known for being run stoppers.

So I need one of the receivers, and then one of the remaining four players. I'm pretty torn on what to do.
    Last edited by SouthernSVT; 08-30-2012, 10:28 PM.
    .223 > 911

based on last year id start steve johnson unless its a bad matchup. Youd think bradshaw is a good start most weeks. Floyd should be good as well.

Honestly i think you are gonna have to look at each weeks matchups and go from there.

Assuming last year is a base you really cant not start steve johnson. Beyond that, you dont have any have to starts, without seeing a few weeks go by in the season.

Comment

Bradshaw and Johnson

Bradshaw is going to get you points

Comment

Bradshaw and Washington. Britt isn't 100% plus he's suspended for game.

Comment

Stevie Johnson and Ahmad Bradshaw. These are clear cut number one RB/WR on their teams. And have history to prove this. Fuck a match up.

Comment

I think i've decided to make Bradshaw my flex. As far as the WR2 I guess i'm going to use Washington this week while Britt is out, and they're playing a sad pass D in New England. I'll probably use Steve Johnson after week 1, but Washington just has too much going for him this first week.

Thanks for the advice guys. Always nice to have a few other opinions to consider.
            .223 > 911

Comment

Working...
            X