1st down line in nfl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st down line in nfl

Why not have a laser marker from above marking or projecting the line of scrimmage and first down onto the field? They already run all kinds of bullshit above the field anyways. And why not insert a sensor on the outer most points of the ball to.detect crossing these markers?

pretty intricate web of sensors to run... you really want more shit to muddle up the stadium ceilings.. plus your gonna screw with the ball... the ball itself is changed out every 3 snaps respectively. Changing over the wireless on my xbox takes a good 25-30 seconds still. Just not cost effective for something with limited bonuses imho

Comment

why not just have robots play the game

Comment

Would have to add SOMETHING to the football in order for the "sensors" to know it's the ball and not just people. Either way, it's iffy on that anyway due to people being in the way.

Somethings should just stay old school. It sucks when you're on the crap side of it, but overall it adds to the sport.
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
          Would have to add SOMETHING to the football in order for the "sensors" to know it's the ball and not just people.
          this was my thought on the screwing with the ball thing...although it'd be big money to wilson that has the contract for nfl footballs

Comment

I heard a while back that an analyst suggested putting a sensor in the football to see where the ball would be placed if it couldn't be seen on a review. Nothing came from that though
            Los Angeles Rams 11-5
            Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
            Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Working...
            X