Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possibility of Andy Reid as Cowboys coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
    Not so sure that I agree on the players portion of that statement, at least, not in the enthusiasm of players to want to play for the cowboys. They are one of the most storied franchises, after all. The ability/wherewithal to acquire the talent though might be the problem.

Just an observation by a hater.
    They're the Detroit Lions of the '90's. They just can't ever put a real team together, because they can't decide on what strategy they want, because it's not a priority for the front office. If Jerry Jones gave a shit about winning, he'd win all the time. He cares about making money, so that's what he does, hand over fist. The attitude of the team will change when the front office's leadership changes. That's how it works. Until then, they'll make a ton of money to lose games.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      I wouldn't want him here, either. Look at what he's done with Philly.
      9 out of 14 seasons with playoff appearances
      Reached the NFC Championship Game 5 times
      1 Superbowl appearance

How did Dallas do in that same stretch?

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
        9 out of 14 seasons with playoff appearances
        Reached the NFC Championship Game 5 times
        1 Superbowl appearance

How did Dallas do in that same stretch?
        All of that means nothing, in the grand scheme of things. Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. All Andy Reid has proved to me is that he can get close, but can't get over the hump. Why would anyone want to bring in a coach that can't get over the hump?
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Not going to happen.

I wouldn't want him here, either. Look at what he's done with Philly. Next season isn't looking too hot, either. The team is in huge cap trouble.
          All of that means nothing, in the grand scheme of things. Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. All Andy Reid has proved to me is that he can get close, but can't get over the hump. Why would anyone want to bring in a coach that can't get over the hump?
          That all means nothing? LOL you're hilarious. Reid made some average football teams look really good. Teams in need of a Head Coach would be crazy not go want this guy.

So what I'm getting from you is that the last 14 seasons for the Philadelphia Eagles are equivalent to Dallas because they didn't win a SB, worthless. Gotcha.

Comment

And the Cowboys coaches in the past 14 seasons have done what again? Lol. Hell they only won the East twice in the 2000's and nothing yet in this decade. One playoff win since 1996? Rofl.

It's called moving pieces around to give your team the best chance to win the whole shebang. We've seen it who knows how many times, a guy is average or gets close a few times at the Super Bowl, then lands a new gig and is able to make a big impact and the team wins the championship in a year or 3. That's what it's about, finding a different HC when the one you have isn't coaching your team deep into the playoffs consistently.

For the record, I don't think Reid would help the Cowboys, I think it would be Wade Phillips all over again. Just playing a little devils advocate here.

Comment

Wouldn't matter, nothing will change until Jerry stops managing the team. But why would he? They are number one in home attendance, highest value of any team in the league and #1 in merchandise sales. Bring on the 8-8 seasons.

Until people stop buying all their shit and their tickets none of this will change. There needs to be a boycott. lol
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Originally posted by racrguy
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                That all means nothing? LOL you're hilarious. Reid made some average football teams look really good. Teams in need of a Head Coach would be crazy not go want this guy.

So what I'm getting from you is that the last 14 seasons for the Philadelphia Eagles are equivalent to Dallas because they didn't win a SB, worthless. Gotcha.
                Yes, it all means nothing, to me at least. Playoff wins, NFC championships, they mean nothing when you can't win the big one. You are sitting here touting what all he has done, but the guy is gone as soon as the season is over. In fact, Philly has talked about canning him for three fucking years. If he was such a badass, why is his team 2-9? Why will he be out of a job? Why do fans want him gone? Look at the shape the team is in RIGHT NOW. Look how much they spent in the offseason, only to be much worse than they were last year. That team is fucked when it comes to contracts. HE did that.

Sure, teams will be interested in him. I just don't want him in Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                  And the Cowboys coaches in the past 14 seasons have done what again? Lol. Hell they only won the East twice in the 2000's and nothing yet in this decade. One playoff win since 1996? Rofl.

Where have I touted any of the Cowboys coaches over the last 14 seasons? Truth is, every coach that has come through here since Jimmy have been a joke. Unqualified, even. Switzer included, even though I'm a die hard OU fan. Switzer is a great college coach. That doesn't translate to the NFL though.

Chan Gailey? LOFL...
                  Campo? LOFL
                  Phillips? LOFL
                  Parcells? While he was once great, the game has evolved, and he has not.
                  Garrett? LOFL. He should have been fired when he was still just an OC.

Part of the problem they have had is parading a new coach in every few years. They have no stability, no clear direction. They need to pick a coach, and stick with him, through the bad, to get to the good. But Garrett isn't that guy. He will never be that guy.

Comment

I'm praying Peyton ends up in San Diego next year....

Comment

Where have I touted any of the Cowboys coaches over the last 14 seasons? Truth is, every coach that has come through here since Jimmy have been a joke. Unqualified, even. Switzer included, even though I'm a die hard OU fan. Switzer is a great college coach. That doesn't translate to the NFL though.

Chan Gailey? LOFL...
                      Campo? LOFL
                      Phillips? LOFL
                      Parcells? While he was once great, the game has evolved, and he has not.
                      Garrett? LOFL. He should have been fired when he was still just an OC.

Part of the problem they have had is parading a new coach in every few years. They have no stability, no clear direction. They need to pick a coach, and stick with him, through the bad, to get to the good. But Garrett isn't that guy. He will never be that guy.
                      Below is what I was referring to when I was pointing out the 14 years, which is how long Reid has been the Eagles HC. Basically what I was getting at is that in the same amount of time that Reid has never gotten over the hump, as you say it, with the Eagles, the Cowboys were much worse off. The fact is the Cowboys for more than 14 years have had coaches that couldn't even get them over the much smaller hump of getting a first round playoff win, with the exception of 2009 IIRC.

All Andy Reid has proved to me is that he can get close, but can't get over the hump. Why would anyone want to bring in a coach that can't get over the hump?

Comment

Working...
                      X