No announcement yet.

Overeem/Werdum rematch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm starting to worry a little about the Reem/Wedrum and Barnett/Rodgers card. They still haven't announced the official date or venue.

I know they have a march 5th event in Columbus since the UFC bailed out of their annual show @ the Arnold Classic - and supposedly the 2nd two fights in the tourney were to be in March, but Strikeforce has not posted them yet - still showing TBA on their site.

I would think they would want to have the venue booked by now with only like 45 days to go... Really hoping that drug testing issues or poor management by Strikeforce don't kill this thing before it gets started.

Comment

Originally posted by clevelandkid View Post
      I'm starting to worry a little about the Reem/Wedrum and Barnett/Rodgers card. They still haven't announced the official date or venue.

I know they have a march 5th event in Columbus since the UFC bailed out of their annual show @ the Arnold Classic - and supposedly the 2nd two fights in the tourney were to be in March, but Strikeforce has not posted them yet - still showing TBA on their site.

I would think they would want to have the venue booked by now with only like 45 days to go... Really hoping that drug testing issues or poor management by Strikeforce don't kill this thing before it gets started.

I thought the first round was on Feb.12?

Comment

Werdum already beat Overeem once, I'm hoping he can do it again, but he hasn't fought the new roided out Ubereem before. I hope this tournament goes off without a hitch, it will be alot of fun to watch for sure. I fully expect Barnett to fuck up a piss test at some point, but only time will tell.

I also can't help but laugh when I look at Barnett's side of the bracket. They might as well have given him a free spot right into the finals with those guys. lol. Rogers might as well not even show up and the two russians don't stand a chance. (Arlovski, Kharitnov)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          Werdum already beat Overeem once, I'm hoping he can do it again, but he hasn't fought the new roided out Ubereem before. I hope this tournament goes off without a hitch, it will be alot of fun to watch for sure. I fully expect Barnett to fuck up a piss test at some point, but only time will tell.

I also can't help but laugh when I look at Barnett's side of the bracket. They might as well have given him a free spot right into the finals with those guys. lol. Rogers might as well not even show up and the two russians don't stand a chance. (Arlovski, Kharitnov)

I wonder how Overeem passes a piss test? Cause you know he's not going to stop using

edit: Cause it amazes still how he looked in his fight against Chuck and how he looks now. When was the last time he lost a fight?
          Last edited by BERT; 01-24-2011, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BERT View Post
            I wonder how Overeem passes a piss test? Cause you know he's not going to stop using

edit: Cause it amazes still how he looked in his fight against Chuck and how he looks now. When was the last time he lost a fight?
            His last loss was in K-1 to Kharitonov by KO in 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              His last loss was in K-1 to Kharitonov by KO in 2007.

Interesting that it was by KO

Comment

You heard it hear first folks, Steve predicts Silva to beat Fedor!!
                Wha? Damn is Steve crawfishin now?!?!?!
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by BOOSTED32V View Post
                  Wha? Damn is Steve crawfishin now?!?!?!
                  Watch it old man, I just spent this last weekend training with Ryron Gracie. I'm feeling pretty fiesty right now.

You should have brought your son, he would have LOVED it. Amazing training experiencing it with an actual Gracie. Takes your mindset to a whole another level.

Comment

I thought the first round was on Feb.12?
                    The Fedor / Bigfoot and Arlovski / Kharitonov fights are on the 12th... the other two are still "TBA". I would not be surprised to see them wind up in Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by clevelandkid View Post
                      The Fedor / Bigfoot and Arlovski / Kharitonov fights are on the 12th... the other two are still "TBA". I would not be surprised to see them wind up in Japan.
                      AH, ok. Too bad the first round isn't all in one night

Comment

Overeem the steroid junkie

Comment

Well, it looks like the second set of 1st round fights will be in April, and - Surprise Surprise - held in Japan. I guess they want to make sure the fights still happen if Alistar or Josh piss molten lava - otherwise they would have booked them for Columbus in March.

SAN JOSE, Calif. -- The second quarterfinal leg of Strikeforce's World Grand Prix: Heavyweight Tournament will take place April 9 at a to-be-determined location.

Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker confirmed the date to ESPN.com Thursday afternoon following the final news conference for a Jan. 29 Showtime-televised card at the HP Pavilion featuring the promotion's welterweight and middleweight titles.

While venues in the U.S., Canada and Brazil remain in play for a card featuring Alistair Overeem against Fabricio Werdum, Josh Barnett versus Brett Rogers, and, Coker confirmed, the return of Strikeforce lightweight champion Gilbert Melendez, Japan appears to be the front runner.

Sotaro Shinoda, a representative for Real Entertainment, the Japanese company that co-produced Pride events before partnering with FEG to form Dream in 2008, is expected to meet with Coker Thursday evening to discuss details about bringing the Showtime-televised card to Tokyo.

Strikeforce and Dream have partnered several times in fighter exchanges. The April card would mark Strikeforce's first event in Japan -- a goal of Coker's since he entered the mixed martial arts business in 2006. Producing a live broadcast to the U.S. at 10 p.m. ET Saturday, would require a start time in Japan on April 10 at noon. Coker ruled out famed Saitama Super Arena, host to many Pride and Dream events, as the location.

The eight-fighter tournament commences Feb. 12 in East Rutherford, N.J., when Fedor Emelianenko fights Antonio Silva, and Sergei Kharitonov faces Andrei Arlovski.

Comment

Working...
                          X