Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam Newton = Vince Young

Yes no?

We were having a good argument about this.

I think he is a VY clone and will amount to shit in the NFL. Can't wait to see his wonderlik score.

Oh yea, Roll Tide.

I don't think he'll be a bust..... He won't be the next Steve McNair or Mike Vick though.

Comment

Originally posted by papapepper View Post
      I don't think he'll be a bust..... He won't be the next Steve McNair or Mike Vick though.
      The jury is still out on Michael Vick too, IMO (pun not intended). One good year doesn't mean much to me. I don't think he was too impressive when he was in a Falcons uniform.
      How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
        The jury is still out on Michael Vick too, IMO (pun not intended). One good year doesn't mean much to me. I don't think he was too impressive when he was in a Falcons uniform.
        I think Vick was considered a top quarterback even with the Falcons uniform if I'm not mistaken. I mean everyone knows he is no Peyton Manning. Ha.

I think Steve McNair and Donavon McNabb will both have better careers then Vick.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
          Yes no?

We were having a good argument about this.

I think he is a VY clone and will amount to shit in the NFL. Can't wait to see his wonderlik score.

Oh yea, Roll Tide.
          I would rather have Newton as my QB at least his release of the ball is correct.

Comment

Don't hate dude, give Vick some props...no one in the right mind thought he would come back and be close to what he was before he went to prison.

Comment

I was a Vick hater going back to VT. I agree that one year doesn't amount to much, but I could easily see him playing til he is 38-39, if he keeps this level of play up.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by 83coupe View Post
                Don't hate dude, give Vick some props...no one in the right mind thought he would come back and be close to what he was before he went to prison.
                He's had a good year. That's all of the props I'm willing to give him right now.
                How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

He's had a MVP type year. That's all of the props I'm willing to give him right now.
                  LOL! Fixed

Comment

Originally posted by papapepper View Post
                    I think Steve McNair and Donavon McNabb will both have better careers then Vick.
                    Slow down there Nostradamus. Or Captain Obvious, whichever you prefer. If Vick wasn't a shithead when he came in to this league, there isn't a doubt in my mind that he would have surpassed both in stats.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I really see no difference in Newton and Young. They both tuck and run as soon as the first option is covered. They both are arrogant and I don't see either ever being anything in the NFL

Comment

I don't know enough about Cam Newton to make an opinion. If VY wasn't such a crybaby he could probably actually do pretty well in the NFL under a good QB coach. Look at what the guy in Philly has done with Vick. When Vick was with the Falcons his form resembled that of a highschool QB...with bad form. Peddling his feet constantly and keeping the ball by his waste. He's always had a good arm and legs, just didn't have the form to back them up. VY has a decent arm (not as good as Vicks) and can run. He just needs to be taught...the problem is whether or not he'll allow himself to be taught.
                        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                          Slow down there Nostradamus. Or Captain Obvious, whichever you prefer. If Vick wasn't a shithead when he came in to this league, there isn't a doubt in my mind that he would have surpassed both in stats.
                          Well if vick takes them to a Super Bowl or 5 NFC Championship games I'll agree.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                            I really see no difference in Newton and Young. They both tuck and run as soon as the first option is covered. They both are arrogant and I don't see either ever being anything in the NFL

You didn't watch the '05 season did you? Because all that year people were saying "just make him throw the ball and you'll beat them". Well, that year that's exactly what he did, and Texas won. He ran when he HAD to during the regular season.

But yes, Newton is the closest thing to Young since '05. Now, let's see if Newton can completely take over the NC game when he needs to.

Comment

Steve McNair was a great QB. He was one tough player. Set the record for the most rushing yards by a QB in a super bowl
                              Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                              Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
                              Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Working...
                              X