No announcement yet.

Allen HS's $60,000,000 football stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is no telling the amount of the shenanigans that went on to get this project done and that will continue throughout the life of the stadium. Is it a good idea? Who knows, I guess it depends on if you are involved somehow in the stadium. I'd be curious to know how that $60M would compare (and I don't even know what criteria you would look at between the two) if it were used to do something strictly with academics and not on a school sport.

Comment

60million for a high school stadium is ridiculous. Carthage HS is spending almost 1million just for a Jumbotron, i.e. mini Jerry Tron. I know and understand football is big bidness in Texas.

Could Allen not have taken most of the 60million and set up some sort of trust fund or something to provide full scholarships to students going to college now and in the future?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jefehbk View Post
        Could Allen not have taken most of the 60million and set up some sort of trust fund or something to provide full scholarships to students going to college now and in the future?

No. Voters wanted a stadium. Voters voted for a stadium. Voters got the stadium they voted for. Now, if someone wanted to introduce a bill that allows $60,000,000 in taxpayer funding for scholarships, they can introduce it. But the chances of that ever passing a vote falls between slim and none.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
        X