Your favorite/greatest sports year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favorite/greatest sports year

So.I have been kind of racking my brain over my favorite year in sports and there have been some good ones.

I am going to have to say 2011 has been my favorite. Mavs beat the heat in the finals and the rangers went to final game of the world series. I suppose it's the most bittersweet year as well with the way the rangers lost.

So what do you guys got?
    Last edited by mstng86; 08-16-2013, 09:46 PM.

Dallas Cowboys first superbowl against the giants.

Comment

Ahhh yes, the great Super Bowl -XV

Comment

Year 2000 and 2012
        "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

I'm going to go with 2000 as well.

February the Rams won the Super Bowl.
          Bobby Labonte won the 2000 Winston Cup Championship
          Mika Hakkienn overtake of Michael Shumacher at Spa to win, IMO best move I've seen watching live in F1.
          Vince Carter winning the Slam Dunk Contest.
          Also Vince's dunk on Fredrick Weis in the Olympics.
          Last edited by pHILSANITY07; 08-17-2013, 08:34 AM.
          Los Angeles Rams 11-5
          Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
          Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
            Dallas Cowboys first superbowl against the giants.
            Lol drunk Brad doesn't know the difference between the giants and the Bills.

Comment

1966, four TD in one game.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                1966, four TD in one game.
                Did you play for Polk high?
                2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

2008 (how many is that Cracker ass?! )
                  How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

98. The Broncos won the super bowl after getting their balls fed to them 4 prior times, it was literally the culminating experience as a Denver sports fan.

Then the McGwire/Sosa battle was amazing, PED's be damned, that season went a long damn way to healing America and Baseball's relationship.

Also the last of the Jordan badassery and final championship. Never been a big Nascar guy, but Earnhardt won his only Daytona in 98.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                      98. The Broncos won the super bowl after getting their balls fed to them 4 prior times, it was literally the culminating experience as a Denver sports fan.

Then the McGwire/Sosa battle was amazing, PED's be damned, that season went a long damn way to healing America and Baseball's relationship.

Also the last of the Jordan badassery and final championship. Never been a big Nascar guy, but Earnhardt won his only Daytona in 98.
                      Happy that Earnhardt won, but as a Labonte fan I hated it when the caution came out. He was right there.
                      Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                      Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
                      Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post

I agree with you 100%

Comment

1999 Dallas Stars Stanley Cup

Comment

2006 NCAAF Championship game. My friend and I had been visiting Austin a LOT during the season and were here when UT beat Ohio State and a riot (not the L.A. kind) broke out on UT campus where we were staying and it was awesome. We moved to Austin in January of 2006 and were again at a friends townhome on compus for the game, migrated to the DKE frat house after half-time to watch the rest of the game. Once UT won, again...streets shut down, people were going crazy in a good way and the entire drag was just a huge party. So much fun. That entire season was a blast to watch and is really what made me fall in love with Austin...well...most of Austin. Fucking hippies and hobos still suck.
                            "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

I'll say '02-'06

Texas basketball team makes the final four in 02/03 season (still believe they breeze to the championship game the next year if TJ Ford comes back). '04 the football team plays in the Rose Bowl and beats Michigan in a last second field goal. '05 the baseball team wins the College World Series. Same year the football team goes undefeated (including comeback wins vs tOSU and okie st.). And the beginning of '06 they win the MNC.

Pretty good stretch

Comment

Working...
                              X