Texas @ Iowa St.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
    4-7 with a 66-3 loss to UCLA in 1997 under Mackovic.
    Looks like he tied McWilliams...a dubious honor.

Comment

Well that was an ugly game, texas may have lost the last for the year if they keep playing like that

Comment

Originally posted by no4njnk View Post
        Well that was an ugly game, texas may have lost the last for the year if they keep playing like that
        May have won their last? I agree, Texas sucks. We won't beat anyone else on the schedule. I'm hoping the RRS is bad enough that they fire Mack on the spot.
        Originally posted by davbrucas
        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Sorry won the last of the year. They should have fired Mack 2 years after he won the NC, it was all downhill after that. He may be a good AD thought.
          Last edited by no4njnk; 10-04-2013, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Comment

See, this is what I hate about the media. Don't take this as me condoning Mike Davis's actions in any way. I did not get to see the game last night as my youngest had a baseball game. I saw a few highlights, but I know sports at a competitive level.

1) It's a dirty play to take that cheap shot, no question about it.
              2) Just seeing that highlight, we have no idea what went on before then during the game. Did that guy take a shot at Davis or another player? Did someone step on his hand on purpose at an early play while he was down? Any of a number of things could have happened.

As most people know, it's usually the second person who gets caught. Baseball always has a pitcher taking up for someone else on the team by plunking a batter. It's the way the game is played. Without seeing the rest of the game and knowing what (if anything) transpired before this play (or even in a previous game), I don't think it's fair to condemn Davis. Should he have done it? No, he should have hit him higher and cleaned his clock. Was there a reason he did it? That we don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                See, this is what I hate about the media. Don't take this as me condoning Mike Davis's actions in any way. I did not get to see the game last night as my youngest had a baseball game. I saw a few highlights, but I know sports at a competitive level.

1) It's a dirty play to take that cheap shot, no question about it.
                2) Just seeing that highlight, we have no idea what went on before then during the game. Did that guy take a shot at Davis or another player? Did someone step on his hand on purpose at an early play while he was down? Any of a number of things could have happened.

As most people know, it's usually the second person who gets caught. Baseball always has a pitcher taking up for someone else on the team by plunking a batter. It's the way the game is played. Without seeing the rest of the game and knowing what (if anything) transpired before this play (or even in a previous game), I don't think it's fair to condemn Davis. Should he have done it? No, he should have hit him higher and cleaned his clock. Was there a reason he did it? That we don't know.

His reason was, he plays until he hears the whistle per his twitter account. Even though Bergeron was already in the endzone and the DB was just standing there I guess Davis thought he still had to block him at the knees. The worst is Mack defending him in the post game conference.

Hell, so far Anthony Fera is the damn MVP of this team

Comment

Originally posted by BERT View Post
                  His reason was, he plays until he hears the whistle per his twitter account. Even though Bergeron was already in the endzone and the DB was just standing there I guess Davis thought he still had to block him at the knees. The worst is Mack defending him in the post game conference.

Hell, so far Anthony Fera is the damn MVP of this team
                  He's not going to come out and say someone took a cheap shot at him earlier. Knowing what I know about sports, he had a reason for the hit. I still don't like how he did it though. Again, in baseball, there's a difference in plunking a guy in the back/hip versus throwing at his head. That's the way I see this one.

Comment

Working...
                  X