OU vs Bama in BCS game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slow99
    You have 3 teams with the same conference record, not 2. If the Big 12 is following its tiebreaker rules for the champion to determine the conference rankings, then overall record is the first tiebreaker and ou finishes 2nd.

ou will get crushed by Bama, which will be beautiful.
    Ugh gay. It will be awesome though. I have a friend who's a huge bama fan and he's afraid that since bama isn't in the big game they might lay an egg like they did against Utah.
    2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Badass2000GT View Post
      Ugh gay. It will be awesome though. I have a friend who's a huge bama fan and he's afraid that since bama isn't in the big game they might lay an egg like they did against Utah.
      That's what my buddy (a Bama alum) texted me this morning too. It's the same scenario as 2010 though, and Bama dominated their bowl game that year, 49-7.
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Well, no-win situation for Baylor this bowl season. Lose to UCF and, well, you lost to UCF in a BCS game. Win, and the Bears still "haven't played anyone". Especially in the face of UT, OU, OSU, and arguably Tech, getting to play more stout opponents.

Comment

Where should Baylor be? OSU beat them by 30+ points, who was in turn beaten by OU. Baylor is only experiencing what other successful Big 12 teams have for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
            Where should Baylor be? OSU beat them by 30+ points, who was in turn beaten by OU. Baylor is only experiencing what other successful Big 12 teams have for years.
            I'd settle for not in the worst bowl matchup of the top 5 teams in the conference.

2010 was the last time the Big XII champ got the shaft, with OU playing UConn in the Fiesta while A&M played LSU in the Cotton Bowl, but OU's matchup was preferable to pretty much ever other Big XII bowl.

2006 had OU playing Boise in the Fiesta, with runner up Nebraska playing Auburn being the only possible slight against OU's matchup. But OU lost (certainly a possibility for Baylor this year), so that kind of negates any complaint about matchups.

Colorado took a snub against ASU in 2002 while Texas played LSU in the Cotton Bowl.

I'll stop there, as my knowledge of the strength of each relative team has pretty much faded by this point in the conference's history, but my point stands: in the last 13 years of Big XII play, only three times has the conference champion taken a snub over the second placed finisher, and I'm not sure there's even the slightest argument that the third and fourth place finishers got preferential bowls as compared to the conference champion.

So no, I'm not sure other successful Big XII teams have faced quite this scenario.

There's not a solution to the situation, as this is just how things played out and it's not the result of poor decision-making on anyone's behalf, and Baylor could have helped themselves by not losing to OSU, but it's shitty. And will be used as cannon fodder by public-school apologists for years to come when qualifying this conference championship and this season for Baylor.

Comment

Baylor's first time as the Big 12 champions and Brad still finds something to complain about, lol.
              Originally posted by lincolnboy
              After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                Baylor's first time as the Big 12 champions and Brad still finds something to complain about, lol.
                Well, obviously.

Comment

I hope Bama literally rapes OU on the field

Comment

Of course, Texas will get its own raping against Oregon. And McCoy won't have to film this one

Comment

Originally posted by BERT View Post
                      Of course, Texas will get its own raping against Oregon. And McCoy won't have to film this one
                      Time for McCoy and Mack to ride off in the sunset. I think I'd practice with Swoopes for the bowl game and start him. At least Oregon has no film on him and can't prepare. He really can't be much worse than McCoy, who was 12/34 with 2 INT's against Baylor. Really? 12/34?

Comment

Swoopes should have been in against Baylor by mid 3rd quarter once it was apparent McDerp wasn't throwing anything close to his receivers. At least Swoopes can run the ball if the play breaks down.

Would have been nice if Ash could have played in that game. I think a half decent QB wins that game with ease.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                          Time for McCoy and Mack to ride off in the sunset. I think I'd practice with Swoopes for the bowl game and start him. At least Oregon has no film on him and can't prepare. He really can't be much worse than McCoy, who was 12/34 with 2 INT's against Baylor. Really? 12/34?

Hey, we should just be happy that he didn't face plant again while handing the ball off

Comment

Originally posted by Hmbre97 View Post
                            Swoopes should have been in against Baylor by mid 3rd quarter once it was apparent McDerp wasn't throwing anything close to his receivers. At least Swoopes can run the ball if the play breaks down.

Would have been nice if Ash could have played in that game. I think a half decent QB wins that game with ease.

That's what I was screaming. Let Swoopes run the zone read with the way Brown was running.

Comment

I feel bad for Swoopes now as they basically burned his redshirt for nada.

What a bunch of morons they have coaching that place.

Comment

Originally posted by Hmbre97 View Post
                                I feel bad for Swoopes now as they basically burned his redshirt for nada.

What a bunch of morons they have coaching that place.

and for awhile now.

Comment

Working...
                                X