Cleveland Browns want Stoops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleveland Browns want Stoops

I wouldn't mind seeing this one happen. I hear John Blake is available - I think he'd be a great hire to replace Stoops when he leaves:

The Cleveland Browns have interest in Oklahoma Sooners coach Bob Stoops. Ian Rapoport reported Friday that Stoops is open to leaving the college ranks. Could Stoops make the leap to the NFL?

Are the Cleveland Browns set to make a play for Bob Stoops?

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport said Friday on NFL Network's "Around The League Live" that the Oklahoma Sooners coach could be a potential target as the team seeks to fill it head coach vacancy.

The interest might be mutual. Rapoport has been told Stoops is more open than ever to the idea of jumping to the NFL.

On Thursday, Stoops' Oklahoma team pulled off an upset victory over Alabama in the Allstate Sugar Bowl. The Youngstown, Ohio, native was asked about NFL rumors after the game.

"You never know," Stoops said, via ESPN.

Stoops has a 160-39 record at Oklahoma. He is the only college coach to win the Sugar, Orange, Rose and Fiesta Bowl. He received a contract extension this summer that takes him through the 2020 season.

The Browns attempted to make a splashy hire out of the college ranks last year, when they courted Oregon coach Chip Kelly. The coach turned the Browns down and took a job with the Philadelphia Eagles.
    Last edited by slow99; 01-05-2014, 09:02 PM.
    Originally posted by davbrucas
    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

I would never leave the college ranks to goto nfl....unless it was a franchise like packers, bears, steelers. Nothing against Cleveland, but I don't see it as a destination job. Cleveland would do better getting current nfl coach or nfl assistant. I would not mind seeing stoops go to texas.
    sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't take that job just because of the management. If I did, wouldn't unpack my stuff cause I'd be fired after a year no matter what my record was.
      Los Angeles Rams 11-5
      Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
      Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Fuck that.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          Fuck that.
          x2

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            Fuck that.
            x3

Comment

Working...
            X