No announcement yet.

2014 NFL draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO, the cowboys messed up last years draft by not getting a safety/def lineman in the first round. They used their pick on a center projected to go in the 3rd round. I think they finally focus on defense this year and I will be happy if they snag a def lineman, LB, or safety. In fact, they should probably go defense on their 1st 2 picks regardless of who is on the board at offense.

Comment

I watched Manziel in most of his games and he is a lot more accurate with a stronger arm than most people think. Watch the second half of the Duke game where he only has 1 incomplete pass. Very good on the move and has that 6th sense to tell where the defenders are at. There are two things that scare me at the NFL level; his decision making and throwing off of his back foot. He threw more interceptions this year than he should have but he did so knowing he had to score on every drive to win since the defense sucked so bad. He also threw off his back foot a lot so he did not have the velocity he could have. In college you can get away with this but in the pros those DBs are quicker and you need to put all you can on the ball.

I don't think size is the most important if you have the other tools. How do I think he will do in the NFL? Not a freaking clue, only time will tell. But seeing as he is a Texas boy he would make the Texans or Cowboys a lot of money in ticket sales and marketing the first year. After that only winning matters.

Comment

Manziel reminds me of former BYU QB TY Detmer. TY didn't do well in the NFL but destroyed the college ranks like Manziel. Both were considered too small for the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by no4njnk View Post
          I watched Manziel in most of his games and he is a lot more accurate with a stronger arm than most people think. Watch the second half of the Duke game where he only has 1 incomplete pass. Very good on the move and has that 6th sense to tell where the defenders are at. There are two things that scare me at the NFL level; his decision making and throwing off of his back foot. He threw more interceptions this year than he should have but he did so knowing he had to score on every drive to win since the defense sucked so bad. He also threw off his back foot a lot so he did not have the velocity he could have. In college you can get away with this but in the pros those DBs are quicker and you need to put all you can on the ball.

I don't think size is the most important if you have the other tools. How do I think he will do in the NFL? Not a freaking clue, only time will tell. But seeing as he is a Texas boy he would make the Texans or Cowboys a lot of money in ticket sales and marketing the first year. After that only winning matters.
          Usually when making comparisons, people make comparisons that compliment their argument. You are bragging about Manziel and what he did versus Duke. Duke? Lolz

Comment

Working...
          X