Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
      Baseball season isn't over yet?
      For some teams it is.
      Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

• Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
        Would you rather have Napoli in the outfield who is questionable, or Joey Gallo who can't hit since him being recalled up?

Not to call you out, I think that's just the question that they're thinking.
        I'd rather have Napoli at first or DH and Moreland in left, like I've said at least twice now.
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
          I get that he needs to be in the lineup. My question is, why not 1B or DH? Moreland is playing first. He's quicker, has a better arm, and actually has experience playing OF (in the Majors even). He's not an outfielder, but I'd think he'd be a better option than Napoli.
          Moreland helps shore up the infield defense more than Napoli hurts the outfield. Beltre and Andrus will get to most of the ground balls and DeShields can run down pop flies with the best of them.

The Astros have been doing the same thing with Evan Gattis btw and it hasn't hurt them yet. So far Napoli has cost us maybe two extra bases but neither was an error. The play last night would have been difficult for even a healthy Hamilton to play.

Comment

• Originally posted by BP View Post
            Moreland helps shore up the infield defense more than Napoli hurts the outfield. Beltre and Andrus will get to most of the ground balls and DeShields can run down pop flies with the best of them.

The Astros have been doing the same thing with Evan Gattis btw and it hasn't hurt them yet. So far Napoli has cost us maybe two extra bases but neither was an error. The play last night would have been difficult for even a healthy Hamilton to play.
            Didn't he throw someone out at third too? Maybe that wasn't last night.

Comment

• He had an assist Wednesday.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by BP View Post

That makes sense. He did get an error for the one he dropped earlier in the week though.
                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

• Moreland has also had some leg issues, I'd hate to see him pull something running down a ball. Napoli has put in a lot of work in left field, he'll continue to improve. The more I watch Banister manage, the more I like him. Hearing the Nap-o Lee chants last night sure did sound good, reminds me of old times, hopefully this team holds together and continues to grind it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by TexasPyro View Post
                    Moreland has also had some leg issues, I'd hate to see him pull something running down a ball. Napoli has put in a lot of work in left field, he'll continue to improve. The more I watch Banister manage, the more I like him. Hearing the Nap-o Lee chants last night sure did sound good, reminds me of old times, hopefully this team holds together and continues to grind it out.
                    Correct. Moreland has hip issues that prevent him from playing in the outfield. Hell Napoil has a bad hip too but it's not going to get worse like Morelands can.

Comment

• Is the expected gain of putting Mike Napoli in left field so Mitch Moreland can start against lefties greater than the potential defensive downgrade?

Tl;dr - Napoli doesn't make statistical sense in left field.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Bannister plays the Leftie / Rightie batting pitching thing by the book. That's why Napoli is going to be out there a lot. If there is a left handed starter he'd bench prince and moreland both to get napoli in the lineup. It's why Rua sometimes gets to start of all things.

I bought post season tickets today too. Damn MLB needs to get with the program and let you pick your seats instead of this auto generated best seat bullshit. Their best seats often suck ass and I know because I've sat in probably half the sections in that ballpark. 3rd level behind homeplate sucks ass compared to 3rd level above 1st or 3rd. The corner boxes are complete shit too especially for the price and the centerfield seats are where people go to get skin cancer and hear about a baseball game that might be going on.....

Comment

• Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                          Bannister plays the Leftie / Rightie batting pitching thing by the book. That's why Napoli is going to be out there a lot. If there is a left handed starter he'd bench prince and moreland both to get napoli in the lineup. It's why Rua sometimes gets to start of all things.
                          Don't let facts get in the way of your infinite sports wisdom.

9/13 - Dubront (L): Fielder, DH; Napoli, LF; Moreland, 1B
                          9/14 - Kazmir (L): Fielder, DH; Napoli, LF; Moreland, 1B
                          9/15 - McHugh (R): Fielder, DH; Moreland, 1B; Gallo, LF
                          9/16 - Keucheul (L): Fielder, DH; Napoli, LF; Moreland, 1B
                          9/17 - McCullers (R): Fielder, DH; Moreland, 1B; Napoli, LF
                          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Just the fax ma'am.

Comment

• Fucked em up

Comment

Yah I won't. Napoli is in there for EVERY LH starter, and Gallo is in there for the RHer when Napoli sits.... He started Napoli for 1 RHer. Price and Moreland are going to play just about every damn day since they are the two best hitters on the team. I was at 3 of those games. Watch when he yanks people for pinch hitters. This guy plays the Righty Leftie thing to the T more than just about any manager out there right now. Of course you'd expect that since he is from the NL. It's the entire reason Bannister and Daniels had such a hardon to sign Joshie and it's why they went after Napoli the second Joshie got hurt again.

And for the record I didn't have to research this for the "one exception" to know that Bannister plays it by the book. I know it because I see it on a regular basis. Why don't you go dig up the entire score card and see when he puts in PHers and which pitchers he goes to in what situation before hanging your hat on one exception that he started Napoli against a rightie? BFD.

Comment

Working...
                                X