• Show
Clear All

I know I know nothing.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
      I know I know nothing.
      The Soriano trade was kind of a Hart/JD tag team deal. Yes JD was officially the GM but he wasn't calling the shots yet. Hart was still under contract and Hicks really liked him a lot.

The Gonzales/Young trade is the worst deal and even at the time it didn't really make sense. We traded a good young pitcher for one that had a little more experience along with a decent middle reliever and threw in a prospect 1st baseman. We had Teixeira who just hit 43 homeruns and 144 RBIs while Gonzales platooned at DH and didn't hit his weight. I can see why we dumped him and it turned out to be a bad deal, kind of like Chris Davis. Olt and Smoak still have some upside as well so those deals might be even worse. At least we did get a good closer for a season out of the deal.

Personally I think his biggest mistakes were letting CJ Wilson and Nelson Cruz walk. Either that or not offering Joaquin Benoit a contract. They were all popular players here and we didn't really try to keep any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post

Personally I think his biggest mistakes were letting CJ Wilson and Nelson Cruz walk. Either that or not offering Joaquin Benoit a contract. They were all popular players here and we didn't really try to keep any of them.
        I agree on Cruz. After all the issues he had we could've had him pretty cheap compared to what Seattle is paying now. And Beltre is always more dangerous with someone behind him like Cruz. Right now Beltre gets pitched around more than anyone in the league because there are no bats behind him. Guy led the league in hits but only knocked in 78 or so..... that's pathetic.

Comment

I changed my mind on the CJ deal, we picked up Gallo with the compensation pick from the Angels signing him.

Fielder will face live pitching tomorrow for the first time since his surgery. He's been doing good in batting practice as long as Darvish isn't throwing. I think Beltre will have some help this season.

Comment

Yu Darvish considering Tommy John surgery.....

http://www.foxsports.com/southwest/s...-season-030715
            2015 Premium GT (50th Anniversary Package)
            2014 Lincoln MKT

Comment

This is going to be another rough season

Comment

Originally posted by BigTitan21 View Post
                Yu Darvish considering Tommy John surgery.....

http://www.foxsports.com/southwest/s...-season-030715
                Season over. End thread.
                Rachel McAdams nude pics

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_marc View Post
                  Season over. End thread.
                  lol.
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

It doesn't look promising. Anaheim is going to probably be better without Hamilton but Richards and Skaggs are still hurt. They are still going to be a great team. That and Seattle got better with Cruz.

The team does have insurance against Darvish so they'll get about $6 million back if he doesn't play this year and around $10 million if Harrison doesn't play.

It isn't the end of the world yet. Fielder and Gallo looked good over the weekend. If nothing else we'll get to see some homeruns this season.

Comment

So on a positive note Gallo has more walks than strikeouts and Fielder is crushing the ball. If the Rangers aren't in contention around the all star break I think they'll be looking to trade Beltre for some prospects and Gallo will be our 3rd baseman.

Comment

Team showing an awful lot of spring training want for a club that just lost their ace a week ago. I think they have a pretty good chance to well outperform expectations through the first half, but I just don't see them maintaining that when the emotion runs out if the pitching isn't outperforming or they haven't filled some gaps. Still, it's a lot of fun to see Fielder and Choo kicking ass and grinding when they're not expected to.

Comment

Rangers cut choice from the major league roster and release Michael Kirkman(finally)

Comment

Alfaro and Gallo were sent down to AAA yesterday. It looks like the team is pretty much set. We are really strong at catcher with tons of depth in the minors, we have lots of talent in the OF and strong backups for the corner infielders. Odor and Andrus really need to stay healthy and our pitching could be better but it's passable.

Our weakest spot in the entire organization is middle infielders now. There isn't anyone to fill in if Odor or Andrus go down. We'd be using Rosales as a full time player and probably bring up Rua as a backup. That'd be a gaping hole defensively on the right side of the infield! Which again makes Daniels look bad for trading Kinsler.

Comment

The Kinsler trade wouldn't look quite as bad if Profar weren't made of butter.
                              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Go Darvish!

Comment

Working...
                                X