RGIII to Cowboys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RGIII to Cowboys?

Just checking to see what y'all think. RGIII cleaned out his locker in Washington and he's not likely to be back since he is due over $16Million on March 1st.

If JJ is looking for a backup to Romo that 'might' actually succeed him, I think RGIII would be vastly better than going after Manziel. I still think RGIII's issues are from the Shanahans more than from his talent and skills.

He might not be that expensive either. He sure as hell won't have the off the field issues that Johnny Football is guaranteed to bring with him.

This deal would have my blessing.

Comment

I would rather have him than Johnny Manziel. At least he can practice throwing the football to himself in private..oh wait.

Comment

RGIII is too fragile. I think JM2 was trying to get out of a shit situation. That being said, if he continues, then it's just him.

Comment

Here we go, first Johnny "I can't play pro football" Manzel and now RGIII rumors. Jerry Jones sells a lot of beer to Mexican American/Mexicans that love Tony Romo (half Mexican American) at Cowboy Stadium. Until Romo gets taken off in an ambulance off the field he will continue to be JJ's QB. As far as a back up, I thought Moore did pretty well given the circumstances of not having the entire playbook in his head but given time I think he can be a good back up. I don't see a QB that is worth a 1st (4th rd for da Boys) and we need more help at other positions. RGIII is mentally unable to read or understand a pro NFL playbook, at Baylor all he did was the read option or take off running, that shit doesn't work in the NFL, you have to be mentally sharp, that fool doesn't have what it takes. Same with CK in S.F., Harbaugh simplified the QB playbook for him but without that kind of tutelage they suck...
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

RGIII might not bring the media circus with him, but he alienated that entire team, his work ethic is piss poor, and I damn sure won't be rolling out a welcome mat for him to do the same here.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              RGIII might not bring the media circus with him, but he alienated that entire team, his work ethic is piss poor, and I damn sure won't be rolling out a welcome mat for him to do the same here.
              You don't believe in second chances?

Comment

The more I see of, and read, about Carson Wentz, makes me want them to go that direction. The problem is, in the last 2 months, he's gone from 'late round sleeper' to the top prospect in the draft, and most NFL ready. Most mocks still have Goff and Lynch going before him, but the wise money is on Wentz being more ready and having more long term success.

They *could* move down in the draft so they don't have to take him at #4, but he won't make it past pick 15.

Comment

Originally posted by God View Post
                  You don't believe in second chances?
                  Sure I do. But with JFF and RGIII, I don't believe Dallas is a good place for either to get a second chance.

Comment

i think manzel would sell a lot of jerseys for Jerry,be a cancer in the locker room, and a sideshow off the field. That is pretty much Jerrys recipe for "success" amirite?

god bless.
                    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                      i think manzel would sell a lot of jerseys for Jerry,be a cancer in the locker room, and a sideshow off the field. That is pretty much Jerrys recipe for "success" amirite?
                      Sonofabitch I hate you for being right!
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        The more I see of, and read, about Carson Wentz, makes me want them to go that direction. The problem is, in the last 2 months, he's gone from 'late round sleeper' to the top prospect in the draft, and most NFL ready. Most mocks still have Goff and Lynch going before him, but the wise money is on Wentz being more ready and having more long term success.

They *could* move down in the draft so they don't have to take him at #4, but he won't make it past pick 15.
                        Why was he playing in division II? Seems there has to be a big reason why.

Also, he is a ginger. I don't think a ginger has won a Super Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                          Sonofabitch I hate you for being right!
                          haha! and that's not me even wearing my cowboys hater hat! I just do number and patterns for a living so it sticks out like a sore thumb!

sidenote: I would have almost rather not made the playoffs than to get blown out starting with the frakin kickoff!!!!!!

god bless.
                          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

RGiii sux. They are better off drafting a rookie

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                              Why was he playing in division II? Seems there has to be a big reason why.

:
                              He moved from WR to QB his senior year in high school so he was largely under recruited.

Cowboys coaching and scouting staff should get a good hard look at him during the Senior Bowl.

Comment

Working...
                              X