Cowboys 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The King View Post
    To refresh my memory without me having to resort to Google, didn't Romo first get his start as a replacement for a mediocre Bledsoe? It would only seem fitting (somewhat) that Tony go out in the same manner.
    Yes, he pissed off the Tuna and in came Romo. It's not the first time this has happened in the NFL and it won't be the last unfortunately...
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
      Yes, he pissed off the Tuna and in came Romo. It's not the first time this has happened in the NFL and it won't be the last unfortunately...
      Why "unfortunately" Someone better comes along and they replace you. We are not talking about guys losing their livelihood. Romo already has about $100M so I don't feel sorry for someone if their performance declines or even if it doesn't, the best player should play, not to mention the value of being able to stay on the field and not be in a constant state of injury.

I like Romo and frankly this is the best that could happen to him. He will still get paid and possibly not continue to get injured and risk being able to play with his kids in the future.
      1965 Ford Falcon Pro-Touring Project
      TCI F/R Suspension, 3V-4.6 & TR3560, LT III Wheels

sigpic
      Work In Progress

Comment

• Originally posted by lowfast View Post
        Why "unfortunately" Someone better comes along and they replace you. We are not talking about guys losing their livelihood. Romo already has about $100M so I don't feel sorry for someone if their performance declines or even if it doesn't, the best player should play, not to mention the value of being able to stay on the field and not be in a constant state of injury.

I like Romo and frankly this is the best that could happen to him. He will still get paid and possibly not continue to get injured and risk being able to play with his kids in the future.
        Unfortunately because I'm a believer in the old school NFL where one doesn't lose his job to injury. Not his fault some fucking monkey breaks his spine as he's sliding as to not get hit. Fuck the Seahawks cheating ass', it was a pre-season game not a game that counts in the standings. So IMO he shouldn't lose his starting job and if the Rook were struggling, I'm sure everyone would be screaming for Romo to get back on the field.
        The Rook has solidified his role as a future starter and if Romo comes back and starts sucking or gets hurt again, I'm all for bringing the Rook back, but he's also not winning all by himself either, its a team game and the team is playing very well...
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• So I would leave the "team" as is until that changes.
          1965 Ford Falcon Pro-Touring Project
          TCI F/R Suspension, 3V-4.6 & TR3560, LT III Wheels

sigpic
          Work In Progress

Comment

• I must have listened to at least 30-40 cases on why we should stick with Dak, or why we should go back to Romo. Nick Wight's argument makes perfect logical sense. It's a great video worth the 15 minutes.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Here is what I think of the Tony vs Dak argument. Obviously everything is working for the cowboys right now, they're committed to the run, they're getting outstanding production out of Beasley and even Terrance Williams. With the methodical pacing, they're keeping the defense off the field and rested up.

Now, if you go to Romo things are going to be different. First off, he has a loyalty to Witten and Dez, he tries to forces balls to them and it results in picks. Secondly they go more pass oriented in the play calling, which conserves time. Tony goes for the big play, which happens and then the defense is right back out on the field. The final thing is that Romo runs the play clock down to 1 on every fucking play, that not only tires out the O line, but it allows the opposing defense to time out the blitz.

Tony is an outstanding QB, but he hasn't been able to get the job done in 10 years. Lets see what Dak is capable of.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                To refresh my memory without me having to resort to Google, didn't Romo first get his start as a replacement for a mediocre Bledsoe? It would only seem fitting (somewhat) that Tony go out in the same manner.
                Yes, Bledsoe was replaced by Romo in the 2nd half of the Giants game in which he was losing, and Romo was announced as the new starter the next week by Parcells.

But the phrase "getting Drew Bledsoed" people refer to, is when the Patriots replaced Bledsoe with Tom Brady after the Jets knocked him out of the game, almost killing him, and then Bellichek made Bledsoe compete for his job when he came back. Bledsoe never started another game for the Patriots after that injury.

Comment

• Tony is so far from outstanding it's canyonesque. His decision making has sucked consistently. His run, chuck it and pray skills have resulted in many Ls that might have been Ws. After 10 seasons as a starter he can't even get the play started before delay of game. Romos nut huggers including Jerry have had way more than enough tries. It never happened. It's time to move on. Trade Dez too and get 3 younger players that may develop and round out the team. Dak has completions to a whole team of receivers Tony hasn't even met yet. He is witten and Dez blind any defense can stop him. Cover two guys rush the rest smash his back and/or collar bone. Viola.

Comment

• Looks like Romo will sit after the bye week, The Rapsheet is reporting that Romo has not fully recovered from his broken Wishbone...

Comment

• I am far from a Tony nuthugger, but I give him his due.

Tony's Career stats
                      games 155
                      att: 4,331
                      Comp: 2,826
                      Completion %: 65.3
                      Yards: 34,154
                      TD's: 247
                      Int: 117
                      QB Rating: 97.1

Yup, he can't seem to get a play off. And a solid 2:1 td to int ratio is all chalked up to "chuck it and pray".

The bottom line is he was stuck with shitty teams. The only reason most of those shitty teams looked OK was because of Tony, and Demarcus on the other side of the ball. He had some bad timed interceptions, but usually they were because he was trying to bring the team back.

Comment

• Looks like we got Dak at least one more game...If Dak indeed is named the starter I hope it dont distract his momentum.
                        Originally posted by Da Prez
                        Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                        Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                          I am far from a Tony nuthugger, but I give him his due.

Tony's Career stats
                          games 155
                          att: 4,331
                          Comp: 2,826
                          Completion %: 65.3
                          Yards: 34,154
                          TD's: 247
                          Int: 117
                          QB Rating: 97.1

Yup, he can't seem to get a play off. And a solid 2:1 td to int ratio is all chalked up to "chuck it and pray".

The bottom line is he was stuck with shitty teams. The only reason most of those shitty teams looked OK was because of Tony, and Demarcus on the other side of the ball. He had some bad timed interceptions, but usually they were because he was trying to bring the team back.
                          Yeah, there is no question about it, he has been a damned good QB. From a pure passer point of view, he is still better than Dak, but Dak gives a different look that happens to be working.

The 13-3 year was the best shot at a SB, but they ran into a Giants team that must have made a crossroads demon deal with all the luck they had.

Anyone that wants to question Romo can look at this. The guy was/is a hell of a playmaker.

Comment

• That's my quarterback man
                            Originally posted by Da Prez
                            Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                            Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

• Romo ended at least 3 or 4 seasons with bad decisions!!! Seasons not games.

Tony Romo had another fourth-quarter breakdown in the Cowboys' loss to the Packers, which got us thinking about the most heartbreaking moments of the Romo era. Here's our top 10.

The star telegram gets it right about him more than any Dallas paper.

Yes Romo racks up the stats. But ask yourself is it because he is so great or because that's the game plan?

He is like Johnny football at A&M or Andre ware at Houston. If you throw every down eventually you rack up lots of yards and TDs. How many more TDs could a Manning, Brees or Brady have thrown to Witten than romo did? Zero or dozens? I'd say dozens. Romo isn't any better than Rivers or Cutler. They are just on worse teams. The Cowboys and Romo have been a ad team and a good one some seasons but the end result is the same. Keep him at QB and expect the same end result.

Comment

• Think romo will be traded to the jets this weekend?
                                "PSH!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X