Cowboys 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
    The problem with that is the Cowboys don't draft or develop well. At least not in the last oh 20 years or so. They miss on guys far more than they hit.

Free agency is a fools game in the NFL. A lot of these guys have monster contract years, benefit from a specific system, or strike lightening in the bottle and then stink after they get their money with a new team.

They still have to make cap space for the incoming rookies.
    The Cowboys are one of the best teams in the league at drafting probowl players, 4th overall in the last decade. The Giants, who just threw their wallet at free agency, rate 31st.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
      The Cowboys are one of the best teams in the league at drafting probowl players, 4th overall in the last decade. The Giants, who just threw their wallet at free agency, rate 31st.
      The Dallas Cowboys are going to The Probowl baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Originally posted by talisman
      I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
      Originally posted by AdamLX
      If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      Because fuck you, that's why
      Originally posted by 80coupe
      nice dick, Idrivea4banger
      Originally posted by Rick Modena
      ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Meh. Stats can be misleading at times. I suggest you look at their draft picks dating back to 2008 or so. Take note of who lived up to their pick position. Then I encourage you to count who of those picks are still on the team. Then count how many are still in the NFL.

What you'll find is below average draft results, and a complete cluster fuck after the second round.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          Meh. Stats can be misleading at times. I suggest you look at their draft picks dating back to 2008 or so. Take note of who lived up to their pick position. Then I encourage you to count who of those picks are still on the team. Then count how many are still in the NFL.

What you'll find is below average draft results, and a complete cluster fuck after the second round.
          Exactly. And Pro Bowl players of course make the team better, but those solid role players are what make a team a winning product.

Comment

Looks like Lance Dunbar is back with the Cowboys.
            Originally posted by talisman
            I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
            Originally posted by AdamLX
            If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            Because fuck you, that's why
            Originally posted by 80coupe
            nice dick, Idrivea4banger
            Originally posted by Rick Modena
            ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
            Originally posted by Jester
            Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
              Looks like Lance Dunbar is back with the Cowboys.
              Ezekiel Elliot is on some mock drafts and is still a possibility for the boys at the fourth pick. The main choices are Bosa, Ramsey, Goff, and Jack. I'm good with any of these guys at 4 except for Bosa or Jack. I feel we can fill the D-Line in the later rounds.

Edit: Just heard the boys signed Alfred Morris in FA from the skins. We will not be picking Elliot. I like Ramsey or even Goff at 4.
              Last edited by CJ-95GT; 03-22-2016, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
                Ezekiel Elliot is on some mock drafts and is still a possibility for the boys at the fourth pick. The main choices are Bosa, Ramsey, Goff, and Jack. I'm good with any of these guys at 4 except for Bosa or Jack. I feel we can fill the D-Line in the later rounds.

Edit: Just heard the boys signed Alfred Morris in FA from the skins. We will not be picking Elliot. I like Ramsey or even Goff at 4.
                I just see this online too. I dunno how I feel about an old running back and a somewhat has been as my two backs but it will be better than last year.

I guess its either Bosa or Ramsey.

Comment

They also picked up Mayowa from the Raiders. I know nothing about the guy other than he had 2 sacks in 28 games and only started 3 of them.

Also not sure what the update is on Robinson's visit.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post

Dallas was never going to take Ezekiel Elliot with the 4th overall pick. I do not understand why anyone thinks they would have. Picking him at #4 is a complete waste of a pick. Sure, he's good, and I had hopes for him falling to the second round. That said, the Cowboys don't pay RBs, so you waste a 4th overall pick on a guy that is going to be here 4-5 years, then leave. Incredibly stupid decision.

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                    They also picked up Mayowa from the Raiders. I know nothing about the guy other than he had 2 sacks in 28 games and only started 3 of them.

Also not sure what the update is on Robinson's visit.
                    I'm not a fan of the Mayowa deal. Too much to pay a rotational guy that will never start imo. I know the Raiders loved him, but at that price, they could have kept on loving him as far as I'm concerned.

Yesterday they said they were closer to a deal with Robinson than they were with Morris. Not sure what happened or if they're still working out details. I hope they can close that deal, so Carr can bounce his ass on out of town in June.

Comment

• Not sure what the Boy's are doing. Oh well, as long as J.J. is GM we will continue to suck...
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                        Not sure what the Boy's are doing. Oh well, as long as J.J. is GM we will continue to suck...
                        We should all boycott the home games. That will show him.

Comment

• I like the Morris pickup. He's only in his 5th season. The Redskins were so jacked up last couple of years under Gruden, who knows what they were doing from a coaching perspective with Morris. They've given him less touches year on year, but he's still maintained almost 4 yrds a carry. He's a between the tackle runner, and McFadden is an outside the tackle guy who needs to get to speed. Together with Dunbar catching out of the flats, I think they'll be alright.

As for Mayowa, I agree, I think they overpaid. But he couldn't do much worse than Hardy did the last half of the season

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                            Not sure what the Boy's are doing. Oh well, as long as J.J. is GM we will continue to suck...
                            Care to elaborate?

They're getting role players, which is what free agency is for. I agree that it is painful to watch your team not make big splashes when they have so many needs, but on the other hand it is refreshing to see them exercising discipline and not repeating the same mistakes they've made year after year after year, for as long as I can remember. Go find me one of these crazy free agency contracts that have worked out. Just one.

Murray?
                            Suh?
                            Brandon Carr?
                            Darrelle Revis?

You know the answer to all of those. No, they won't be making a deep playoff run this season. No, they won't be in the super bowl. But there are a lot of positives to take away. They aren't financially handicapping the organization. They aren't signing people to bad deals that they will never be able to unload. Winning free agency only proves just how desperate and shitty your team is, and how shitty and desperate they are going to be for year's to come. Free agency is supplemental, not developmental.

Comment

• So you're saying the Giants are going to suck this year? I just felt that we needed to address quite a few needs and they didn't make any "big splashes", maybe even one good player. So that leads me to the draft, yes there are good players in the draft, but rooks don't usually come in and start much less make an immediate impact.
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                                I like the Morris pickup. He's only in his 5th season. The Redskins were so jacked up last couple of years under Gruden, who knows what they were doing from a coaching perspective with Morris. They've given him less touches year on year, but he's still maintained almost 4 yrds a carry. He's a between the tackle runner, and McFadden is an outside the tackle guy who needs to get to speed. Together with Dunbar catching out of the flats, I think they'll be alright.

Agreed. He came dirt fucking cheap. They're paying Dunbar more, and we don't even know when he will be ready to play. I am concerned about Morris' steep decline, year over year. But that team is so bad it's hard to place the fault all on him. And even if he is in decline at the age of 27, it's a 2 year deal for peanuts, and it gives them something we didn't have last season in a downhill, between the tackles runner. When you think about it, it's kind of hard not to like the signing. Cheap insurance for a frail McFadden and a somewhat unknown in what Dunbar will be when he's ready to go.

This also does not mean they won't take a back in the draft. They'll just do it in the later rounds if there is a guy they like. And I'm good with that. Look at all these RBs around the league making noise. Outside of Peterson and maybe 2-3 others, they were all later round picks. Which is why there is a trend of devalued running backs across the league.

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                                As for Mayowa, I agree, I think they overpaid. But he couldn't do much worse than Hardy did the last half of the season .
                                Valid point about Hardy. Fucking worthless. I do like that he's versatile, so really, he's insurance at a couple positions. He can play DE or LB. I just think they gave him a bit much. I haven't compared his deal to what the rotational guys like Mincey were making last year. 3yrs/$8M may be a bargain compared to what those guys were getting paid.

Comment

Working...
                                X