Easter cooking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easter cooking

Easter is coming, and you know what that means, time to eat alot because the bible tells you so. What are you guys planning? Anything different or unique?

I am thinking of smoking a ham and brisket, nothing fancy.

Smoking a turkey, pork butt, and a joint.

No, not really.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

A hog on a rotisserie... or maybe just whatever the dining facility throws on my tray.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        Smoking a turkey, pork butt, and a joint.

No, not really.
        What wood do you recommend to smoke the ham and brisket, so I can do it all at once.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
          What wood do you recommend to smoke the ham and brisket, so I can do it all at once.
          Pecan is cheap and has a good flavor... But you can never go wrong with mesquite or even hickory...

Comment

Man, wood is all personal preference, and can spark every bit as much argument as fat side up/fat side down or what type of smoker is best.

My pork for instance, is on the smoker around 24 hours. I like hickory or mesquite for the pork shoulder, but you can't smoke that long using strictly hickory or mesquite. Both are very bold smoke flavors., and will overpower the flavor of the meat and the rub. I have to mix it up with pecan and hickory, or pecan and mesquite on that. For turkeys, I like the same. I have yet to do a ham. We usually buy a couple a year from this church that has triple smoked hams, and I can't possibly do any better on my own. Seriously, the best ham I've ever had, hands down.

Apple and cherry is great as well, but expensive.

Comment

Well I don't have any preference yet, as I am kind of new at the smoking thing. Would Pecan be good for ham?

Comment

Well I don't have any preference yet, as I am kind of new at the smoking thing. Would Pecan be good for ham?
                Pecan works for everything. I'd still want either some mesquite or hickory for the bite.

Comment

I'm going over to my parents house and eat whatever they make, because I'm a bum like that.

Comment

Deviled Eggs and beer, trailer park style!

Comment

Deviled Eggs are rank. I can stand them being cooked in my house or look at them when they are ready to eat.

Comment

Deviled Eggs are rank. I can stand them being cooked in my house or look at them when they are ready to eat.
                        Then your surely not invited to my easter egg hunt!

Comment

I bought an electic smoker this year and i am on the bandwagon now. All the years of smoke everywhere, adjusting the temps, and adding wood to the fire are done for me. I can honestly say it tastes as good if not better then when I used to smoke due to the temp control. Gonna smoke some sausage, two pork loins, some beef ribs and a Chicken. i have smoked every other weekend since I bought it because it so easy and less mess. Cheap as heck to operate also.
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Smokin a whole Hog in Peach wood.

Comment

A large quantity of crawfish are going to die for my sins.

Comment

Working...
                              X