No announcement yet.

Best grub in Keller/NFTW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mochi Kitchen (Haltom City) Best Asian food (esp Sushi) in N Tarrant County, I'm giving up my best secret here. If you already have a favorite, go here and let me know if you don't change your mind: http://www.mochikitchen.com/

Good:
    Chef Pointe (Watauga)
    Babe's (Roanoke)
    El Taco H (Watauga)
    Five Guys Burger (Hurst)
    Taste of Asia (Watauga)

Mediocre:
    OC (Watauga)
    Fresco's (Watauga)

Bad:
    Fuzzy's (Watauga)
    Kinkaid's (Ft Worth)
    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
      Mochi Kitchen (Haltom City) Best Asian food (esp Sushi) in N Tarrant County, I'm giving up my best secret here. If you already have a favorite, go here and let me know if you don't change your mind: http://www.mochikitchen.com/

Good:
      Chef Pointe (Watauga)
      Babe's (Roanoke)
      El Taco H (Watauga)
      Five Guys Burger (Hurst)
      Taste of Asia (Watauga)

Mediocre:
      OC (Watauga)
      Fresco's (Watauga)

Bad:
      Fuzzy's (Watauga)
      Kinkaid's (Ft Worth)
      You like OC over Kinkaid's? Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
        You like OC over Kinkaid's? Interesting.
        Kincaid's blows. No flavor at all. Ate there once. Never again. Their shit might as well be fake food because it was lacking ALOT.

Comment

It just occurred to me that there is a German restaurant in Roanoke called Gerhard's. It's different, and pretty good. May be worth trying once or twice.
          Men have become the tools of their tools.
          -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
            No kidding .. I used to work there when I was much younger.

That's cool. I used to eat at Niki's pretty often. Mostly from 2003-2006 when I lived about 5 minutes away.
            Men have become the tools of their tools.
            -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by 94StangFiveO View Post
              Kincaid's blows. No flavor at all. Ate there once. Never again. Their shit might as well be fake food because it was lacking ALOT.
              I've never eaten at the one in Fort Worth, but the one in Southlake and the one at the Highlands in Arlington both make a damn good bacon cheeseburger, onion rings, and milkshake. There are lots of dry, bland burgers out there, but it's not one of them. The ones I've had at Kincaids have been big, juicy, and flavorful. Maybe they do it different in FW.

Comment

I've never eaten at the one in Fort Worth, but the one in Southlake and the one at the Highlands in Arlington both make a damn good bacon cheeseburger, onion rings, and milkshake. There are lots of dry, bland burgers out there, but it's not one of them. The ones I've had at Kincaids have been big, juicy, and flavorful. Maybe they do it different in FW.
                Kincaid's in southlake was one of the worst burgers I've ever had. Dry, no flavor at all, and those crinkle cut fries suck out loud. I can't stand Kincaid's. I'd go to McDonalds before I eat there again.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I also liked Kincaids... Im gunna try and make it to one of these restaurants today for lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                    Kincaid's in southlake was one of the worst burgers I've ever had. Dry, no flavor at all, and those crinkle cut fries suck out loud. I can't stand Kincaid's. I'd go to McDonalds before I eat there again.

That's wild. They've been really good and juicy - dripping with grease, in fact, every time I've been. I've eaten there maybe 5 or 6 times. And with bacon, fresh onion, and the condiments, mine had plenty of flavor. I don't care too much for their fries, but I do like their onion rings. Go figure.

Comment

That's wild. They've been really good and juicy - dripping with grease, in fact, every time I've been. I've eaten there maybe 5 or 6 times. And with bacon, fresh onion, and the condiments, mine had plenty of flavor. I don't care too much for their fries, but I do like their onion rings. Go figure.
                      If you think that's good, go try Burger Island. It will blow your mind. I gave the Southlake location of Kincaid's two chances, and same results both times. I hear the original in Fort Worth is much, much better. But it was so bad both times, that I won't go back.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

If you think that's good, go try Burger Island. It will blow your mind. I gave the Southlake location of Kincaid's two chances, and same results both times. I hear the original in Fort Worth is much, much better. But it was so bad both times, that I won't go back.
                        It's clear that it was different the times you've been and the times I've been.

Flavor is pretty subjective, but dry vs juicy is pretty straightforward. The ones I had there could not be called dry by any stretch of the imagination.

They've been consistent for me, but I guess they aren't consitent all the time. I haven't been a ton of times, so I guess I've just been lucky (or you've been unlucky).

Much like Coppell Deli. I've eaten there twice, and it was foul. Burgers tasted like someone rubbed their butt on them or just pulled them out of the trash. Lots of people swear by the place, so I guess it just depends on the day.

Never heard of Burger Island. I still want to try Five Guys one of these days. Normally, if I'm eating a burger, it's off my own grill.

Comment

x2 on Burger Island, I took Cliff there yesterday for an Island Burger

Comment

It's clear that it was different the times you've been and the times I've been.

Flavor is pretty subjective, but dry vs juicy is pretty straightforward. The ones I had there could not be called dry by any stretch of the imagination.

They've been consistent for me, but I guess they aren't consitent all the time. I haven't been a ton of times, so I guess I've just been lucky (or you've been unlucky).

Much like Coppell Deli. I've eaten there twice, and it was foul. Burgers tasted like someone rubbed their butt on them or just pulled them out of the trash. Lots of people swear by the place, so I guess it just depends on the day.

Never heard of Burger Island. I still want to try Five Guys one of these days. Normally, if I'm eating a burger, it's off my own grill.
                            I didn't like the burger at Coppell Deli either, but the Gyro and the breakfast sandwiches are the bomb.

Comment

they are dry and bland i agree..... their BLTs used to be awesome... but i wouldnt eat a burger there again.

Comment

I just had Kincaids a few days ago. I would say it was a good burger. The meat had a good flavor, and was juicyish. The bacon was cold however. I give it a solid 7.5.

Comment

Working...
                                X