Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
    Stubs moppin sauce is the shit!
    I have a bottle of that too, I didn't mop anything yesterday, just sprayed with the apple juice/bourbon/ginger ale mix, and then glazed with a tiny bit of bbq sauce at the end.

I plan on doing a brisket or pork shoulder Sunday, but that's gonna be about a 10 hour smoke or so, with just a rub on it, and no sauce/spray/mop.

Comment

You know whats up! BTW, the food looks great.
      Ded

Comment

awesome
        I take some paper towels and use it to grab the skin off the back. It grabs the skin pretty good.

Comment

Why would you take the skin off the chicken?

I've gotten away from brines and gone to injections on my butts, but when I come down, we're going to make an orange juice brine for one.

If you don't pull the silverskin, you don't know how to fucking cook.

Looks awesome Matt. But not as awesome as my dinner was!
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            Why would you take the skin off the chicken?

If you don't pull the silverskin, you don't know how to fucking cook.
            The chicken skin was rubbery to me.

As for the ribs, I had never done them before, and read that I should pull off the skin, but I listened to my wife.

Baby steps, baby steps.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
              The chicken skin was rubbery to me.

As for the ribs, I had never done them before, and read that I should pull off the skin, but I listened to my wife.

Baby steps, baby steps.
              Lol @ listening to your wife. You have to keep the chicken away from the fire, and keep the skin moist throughout the cook cycle. If it was rubbery, it got too dry, too hot, and cooked too long.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                Lol @ listening to your wife. You have to keep the chicken away from the fire, and keep the skin moist throughout the cook cycle. If it was rubbery, it got too dry, too hot, and cooked too long.
                No shit, this is the one time I should have kicker her ass out of the kitchen.

As for the chicken, the meat was juicy and tender and the fire never got higher than 275 at any given time and the chicken was furthest away. I didn't spray the chicken though. I thought maybe water in a pan below would have been enough.

Comment

chicken skin is by far one of the hardest things to get right when smoking, it's the make or break part of chicken for most competitive BBQ'ers

Comment

for chicken i take a 55 gallon barrel with a field disc in the bottom and hang my whole chickens at he top from coat hangers so they are suspended.. smoke for 6 hours and perfect.
                    first class white trash

Comment

Matt - when you are spraying the meat with that mixture you made, how exactly does that work? Are you just misting it enough to keep the outside moist or are you spraying it liberally to get more flavor into it?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                        Matt - when you are spraying the meat with that mixture you made, how exactly does that work? Are you just misting it enough to keep the outside moist or are you spraying it liberally to get more flavor into it?
                        Damn you beat me to it, I was just typing this same question out... I've never seen a spray used before. Is it anything like basting?
                        Originally posted by Jester
                        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                        He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                        Originally posted by Denny
                        What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                        FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

I don't open the smoker for the first two hours, except the firebox to add wood.

After the two hours is up, i spray the meat liberally, then apply some squeeze margarine, and more rub, wrap tightly in foil, and then I don't open the smoker for another 2 hours, except to add wood.

After those two hours, i unwrap the ribs, and poke a couple of holes in the foil do drain off any liquid in the foil. I spray the meat again, and add a little sauce. I do this every 15-20 minutes for about an hour an a half, spray and sauce. That's it

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                            I've used a brine, hell I've brined a whole turkey for Thanksgiving, but for chicken breasts off the bone, overnight in a good marinade will do pretty much the same thing, as they usually contain salt and sugar in the marinades.

If you've never used the stubbs marinade, by itself without anything else on it, it's the best marinade for chicken hands down, no ifs ands or buts.

I have a bottle of Salt Lick Rub that i'm gonna try the next go around.
                            What does Stubbs marinade taste like? Is is a "barbecue" flavor, sweet, spicy ect? I really like lemon pepper chicken and cayenne pepper (sometimes both), but I'm always looking for new chicken marinades.
                            "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                            -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
                              What does Stubbs marinade taste like? Is is a "barbecue" flavor, sweet, spicy ect? I really like lemon pepper chicken and cayenne pepper (sometimes both), but I'm always looking for new chicken marinades.
                              Stubbs has a whole selection of flavors to choose from, it's really good stuff.

Comment

Does the Stubbs chicken marinade have the chopped garlic or something like that in it or was that the pork marinade?
                                Originally posted by Jester
                                Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                                He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                                Originally posted by Denny
                                What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                                FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Working...
                                X