Duck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duck

Duck, where should I go to try duck for the first time? What kind of flavor profile should I be looking for? Just want to try something new.

you can't beat the chinese way! try peking duck

Comment

ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

one of the best things i ever ate was the duck confit at craftsteak in vegas.
        the only thing better was the quail (also craftsteak).

the chinese method of duck is good. glazed with crispy skin. it's much less about the duck meat and more about the skin which does rock but sometimes it has a bit too much fat underneath.
        www.hppmotorsports.com
        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Mi Dia in Grapevine has an excellent duck. Plate comes with suck breast in a mole, as duck confit flautas.

Duck is extremely difficult to cook, and have it taste good. I fried one last week. I bet it tasted like shit. The best duck I've had to date was at a joint in Acapulco, and it was duck and goat cheese ravioli. Most places don't prep it right, so you need to try it a few times, a few different ways before deciding if you like it or not
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Thai red curry with duck is great too but I probably wouldn't recommend it for your first duck experience since there is a lot going on in the flavor department there.
            Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
            Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
              you can't beat the chinese way! try peking duck
              this

First Chinese BBQ.

Originally posted by 03trubluGT
              Your opinion is what sucks.
              You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

Originally posted by unkoricky View Post
                good stuff
                www.hppmotorsports.com
                ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                  I fried one last week. I bet it tasted like shit.
                  I did this about eight years ago, it was horrible. I ended up giving it to the dog.

Stevo
                  Originally posted by SSMAN
                  ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                    I did this about eight years ago, it was horrible. I ended up giving it to the dog.

Stevo
                    Yeah, someone brought a duck to turkey fry. I was thinking . I told him, you know this is going to taste like shit, right? "Well I just thought I'd try it, because the turkey is so good."

ok buddy. Glad I'm not going to YOUR house for Thanksgiving. lmao

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to try it several different ways and see if I like it.

Comment

Old thread, but I cooked up some duck last night - figured I would post up.

If done right, it taste like a filet. Most people over cook them. But, there is also a big difference in wild duck and farm raised.

I actually cooked this duck using the oven/skillet method, came out awesome. I have had/made duck so many ways and have never really liked it. I am pretty sure I have just been overcooking it all this time.

Perfection from last night. This is some wild duck (Gadwalls) that I shot Saturday morning.

Comment

^ That looks fucking delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                            ^ That looks fucking delicious.
                            Yep. Good job. Appears to be cooked perfectly

Comment

The few times I've had Duck, it tasted like Lake Lavon or any freshwater lake for that matter.

That Mi Dia dish with Duck in Mole, now that just sounds good...
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                              X