Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JasonRR View Post
    Nice!!

I'm going to run down to Lonestar Restaurant Supply and see what they've got and try to get some advice. They seem to have a good variety in stock.
    http://catalog.sefa.com/category_pro...egory_id=10385
    They're good people. Sherry is a sweetheart.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

We got a Vitamix a couple months ago. My wife loves it. Honestly I don't know much about it and I've only used it to make frozen margaritas a couple times. She makes smoothies, soups, pesto, rice flour, almond milk, all kinds of stuff.

Comment

I compromised and got a Breville 800. It had good reviews all over the internet and was on sale at Williams Sonoma for $300...plus I got a free $70 gift card to WS with the purchse, so it was a pretty good deal (compared to the $600 Vitamix, at least).

I'm going to go to the store to buy some fruits & veggies and make myself a smoothie. Anyone got any healthy recipes to share??

Comment

acai juice (100% juice of acai berry)
          1 banana
          blueberries (frozen is should be much cheaper this time of year)
          a bit of broccoli, spinach or kale
          scoop of whey protein
          ice
          www.hppmotorsports.com
          ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

simply orange high pulp juice
            strawberries
            carrots
            banana
            protein
            ice
            www.hppmotorsports.com
            ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

ice cream
              milk

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                ice cream
                milk
                lmao
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Thanks...I got the ingredients and will be giving them a shot.

Comment

I have a vitamix, it's awesome for smoothies or anything frozen. For fresh juice, I much prefer a regular juicer. The vitamix is too thick with all the pulp, it's not as easy to drink.

I got both my vitamix and juicer at Costco.

Try this in your blender, it's awesome. http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/s...redient-093414

Comment

I'm gonna have to try that...I got some bananas here that I'll just have to let ripen a little more.

I experimented today and tried using an apple, a pear, a banana, two carrots and two big handfuls of spinach with some pinapple juice and ice. Tasted pretty good, and I got to injest some vegetables that I otherwise wouldn't have.

Comment

For veggies, a regular juicer is much better. I have a Jack Lalane from Costco, it was under $100 and works awesome. You can juice asparagus, kale, cucumbers, squash, etc and mixed with fresh fruit juice it tastes great. My only gripe is it's hard to clean. For over a year I used it every day and it still works awesome.

The main thing I use the vitamix for is smoothies. I buy the mixed frozen fruit from Costco and add some orange juice. They hit the spot in the summer. The banana ice cream is awesome too, I always add a spoon full of peanut butter.

Comment

I didn't want to go the juicer route because I want all the fiber and pulp...I keep hearing that the juicer is good, but you loose a lot of the nutrients of the fruit in the pulp that is discarded.

Hell, any increase in fruits and veggies in my diet is going to be a good thing, so I'm just happy I found a way to sneak some more in.

Comment

There is no doubt that the blender is healthier, I just can't stomach all that pulp. It's so hard to get down, I couldn't do it regularly. Good luck with juicing, post up some good recipes if you come across any.

Comment

I've been expiramenting with different combos of fruits and veggies, and so far haven't hated any of them.

Right now, I'm drinking one with:
                              - 1 pear
                              - 1 cup of pineapple
                              - 2 carrots
                              - 2 large handfull of fresh spinach
                              - Pineapple juice
                              - Ice

Comment

Working...
                              X