Trip to Philly...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    Yum! I'm jealous. Best cheesesteaks on the planet for sure. I bet that was an easy 5000 calorie day for you at least! Damn calorie count! lol.
    luckily cheese steak day and Morimoto's were two different days. I skipped lunch just to prep for both cheese steaks

But if I had to guess, I'd say each steak was just under 1000 calories itself

Scrapple was in the airport restaurant right before my flight home. The Marriott didn't have scrapple on the menu, and that's where I ate breakfast just about every other morning before work.

Comment

Get them servers rebuilt?
      How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
        Get them servers rebuilt?
        Actually yes, for the first time in 3 years, all of the applications were restored 100%.

This was my third year involved with this DR drill, the first year I had only been with the company for 3-4 weeks. The second year, I was the most senior person on the team other than my boss. This year my boss didn't even come to Philly and let me run everything for our team, with one other guy. I implemented a few things over the last year to make our DR drill more successful, and it worked

That's why they paid for dinner at Morimoto's, which for two of us came out to $140ish with tip.

Comment

Good job. You see, I do pay attention to what people tell me. Sometimes.
          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Yeah. Pat's > Geno's all day long. I can't see how anyone would prefer Geno's after having both.

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
              Yeah. Pat's > Geno's all day long. I can't see how anyone would prefer Geno's after having both.
              Agreed, Geno's was just bland and ehhh. Pat's was seasoned better and tasted good. I heard Jim's was good in Philly too, but we didn't make it to that side of town.

I spend 2 of my 3 days there in a datacenter from 8am until 7pm, so it wasn't until the last day that we were able to cut out around 2pm and head for cheese steaks. There were a lot of other places I wanted to try in Philly, but being downtown limited that. Everything seemed to close around 10pm.

Comment

I had Jim's a few times, with whiz, fuckin good shit!
                Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

While in Philly this past May (went to see Rangers play there), was planning on trying Pats or Geno's.

Got into cab and the Cabbie said "why would you want to go there? It's a tourist trap, you want a good sandwhich, go to John's Roasted Pork. Known the lady that owns it for years"

Well, the dude sounded like Russian mafia. So, we went there. Really great Philly cheese steak... Even sat next to the owner and bs'ed with her. Buys a new Caddy every year. The main guy at counter was damn near the soup Nazi.
                  Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

man, that Courtyard room gave me flashbacks of living on the road! LOL
                    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Is anyone else wondering what Scrapple with gravy on top would be like?

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                        Is anyone else wondering what Scrapple with gravy on top would be like?
                        Pretty awesome.

But no where I ate breakfast in Philly could make a decent gravy. It was horrible, more like shit on a shingle than sausage gravy.

Comment

I've never had scrapple, but it looks like it needs gravy on it

Comment

Originally posted by SC457A View Post
                            While in Philly this past May (went to see Rangers play there), was planning on trying Pats or Geno's.

Got into cab and the Cabbie said "why would you want to go there? It's a tourist trap, you want a good sandwhich, go to John's Roasted Pork. Known the lady that owns it for years"

Well, the dude sounded like Russian mafia. So, we went there. Really great Philly cheese steak... Even sat next to the owner and bs'ed with her. Buys a new Caddy every year. The main guy at counter was damn near the soup Nazi.

I wouldn't call the tourist traps, per se. There's no trap to them. But they are definitely the tourist place to go for a cheese steak, and far from the best in Philly.
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                              I wouldn't call the tourist traps, per se. There's no trap to them. But they are definitely the tourist place to go for a cheese steak, and far from the best in Philly.
                              Just saying what the Cabbie said... The dude knew a good place that served a great lunch.

I personally think cheese whiz on a sandwhich is.... different. BUT. I have not tried it yet. After watching Man Vs Food, I may have to go back to Philly.
                              Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

Originally posted by SC457A View Post
                                Just saying what the Cabbie said... The dude knew a good place that served a great lunch.

I personally think cheese whiz on a sandwhich is.... different. BUT. I have not tried it yet. After watching Man Vs Food, I may have to go back to Philly.
                                Wiz is the only way to go on a cheese steak. It's awesome.

He's kind a right. There's just no trap. You don't get stuck in a touristy area, with lots of shops and shit. It's actually not that great of an area of town.
                                Originally posted by BradM
                                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                                Originally posted by Leah
                                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                                X