No announcement yet.

Smokin' Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you can grill ribs too, personally I'm a low and slow kind of guy for ribs, but here's a good way to cook them on your grill.

Boil the ribs for about 10 minutes then remove from the water and dry, then rub them with your rub. Then place them on the grill for about 30-45 minutes (first 15 meat side down, then bone side down for the rest of the time), until they get a nice char/grill marks on the outside. Since you like wet ribs, go ahead and sauce them, then wrap and foil and put them back on the grill for about an hour or so. The foil and sauce should help protect them from burning, but just in case, move them to the cooler side of the grill not directly over the hot coals. After the hour, take them out of the foil, add more sauce, and place over the direct coals for 5-10 minutes or so, to help caramelize the sauce. Make sure to start on the meat side, then flip to the bone side so you don't burn the good part.

No it's not perfect ribs, but it's better than oven only ribs, and should taste just fine for what you're looking for.

Comment

You can grill ribs slowly, on the top rack away from the heat, and they will come out fantastic.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
        So rotate often huh? I understand a smoke box would be the best way however I only have a grill. I guess no ribs for me
        No, you can still do it. I used to it when I was kid, you just keep the coals all to one side and keep the ribs on the opposite side. That is still an offset, albeit unconventional.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
          No, you can still do it. I used to it when I was kid, you just keep the coals all to one side and keep the ribs on the opposite side. That is still an offset, albeit unconventional.
          Thats the way I cook my chicken and other meats that have to cook a bit longer on a charcoal grill.

Comment

Working...
          X