No announcement yet.

Torchys Taco, talk to me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This just in, allen location is in the process of getting their liquor license.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I've heard a lot about this joint, so I figured I'd give it a whirl.

I tried the Mr Pink and the Crossroads. Both tacos were pretty big (for almost $5.00 each, they should be).

They were both flavorful, but the meat in both tacos was dry and rubbery. I won't be going out of my way to try this place again.

Oh, and the $2.50 cent brownies they had by the register were about the size of a silver dollar. No thanks.

Comment

i have gone to the one off of forest and preston. it's good but i personally can't stand the actual store on the inside. the tables are too small and short, also they are fucking packed in there. just the whole layout bugs me. i will still go there to eat though, just rarely are in that part of town

Comment

Here at Torchy's now. Ordered the Libertarian. Will report back asap. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rafa View Post
            Here at Torchy's now. Ordered the Libertarian. Will report back asap. Lol
            Gonna head out today as well, wanted to try it all week

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi View Post
              Gonna head out today as well, wanted to try it all week
              It is pretty damn good. Some of their drinks are made with sugar cane. The 'Dr.Pepper' was awesome.

Comment

Wasnt bad (libetarian). Worth a return visit, i'll try the barbacoa next.

The queso wasnt that great, too thin and runny. Tasted like a subpar Rotel Chips were way salty.

The fountain soadas were pretty decent.

Comment

no elote in a cup, no care.

You missed one of the best things there.
                  Last edited by Silverback; 05-13-2012, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Nah, i fuckin hate corn. May be great but it'll always go unordered for me

Comment

I like the Forest location better. As someone else said the queso here wasn't as thick (and had a ton of cilantro).

If you've got kids, try the pb + banana (fried!). Good stuff there.

Comment

I'll be hittin it back up today, they have some good stuff, fo sho...
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I went today, food came out quick and it was decent. I probably need to try something else but i had 3 of the democrats and street corn. I left the place still hungry though. The tacos were 4$ each but they packed a good amount of barbacoa on it. The street corn was good. Decent place to eat, but i doubt i'd go there more than two times a year.
                          Originally posted by 03trubluGT
                          Your opinion is what sucks.
                          You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

I went with my old man this afternoon. Had the libertarian and the mr. orange. Both were good, though I could only eat 1.5 of them. That libertarian was entirely too much.
                            How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

The new taco of the month Tuk Tuk is the shit. Very different and kinda odd combo of ingredients but taste damn good.

Comment

I stopped by yesterday for dinner and was blown away by this...

The month of October had a great taco at Torchy's. It was The Scarecrow and it was fantastic. You had a pumpkin seed crusted chicken breast, roasted poblano chiles, escabeche carrots, cilantro, queso fresco and a chipotle ranch...holy crap! First off the chicken was crunchy and juicy on the inside. The pumpkin seed crust gives it a wonderful crunchy texture and it tastes awesome. You get really good spice from the carrots, poblano chiles and the creamy chipotle ranch. The queso fresco is slightly salty and creamy and cuts perfectly into the heat. It was a wonderful taco for the month of October!

Comment

Working...
                                X