No announcement yet.

Torchys Taco, talk to me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wrangler is my favorite. Breakfast tacos are served all day.

Comment

Amazing. Fried Avocado and Brushfire for me.
      WRX

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
        Amazing. Fried Avocado and Brushfire for me.
        I actually get the brushfire with the fried avocado added, yummmmmmmmm
        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

I always order an extra order of flour tortillas and split my tacos in two. Sometimes with the breakfast tacos you can make 3:1.

Much easier to handle and eat. I hate an overstuffed taco that when you're eating it, shit falls out the back... (both kinds of tacos!)

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
            I always order an extra order of flour tortillas and split my tacos in two. Sometimes with the breakfast tacos you can make 3:1.

Much easier to handle and eat. I hate an overstuffed taco that when you're eating it, shit falls out the back... (both kinds of tacos!)
            This is a little off subject but I have this problem at the Fuzzy's in Las Colinas. I'm guessing it depends on who's in the kitchen but I never know how many tacos to order because I go in and order 2 tacos and get 2 average size breakfast tacos. Other times I'll get enough for 4 tacos. I don't mind the extra food but I don't like having to guess what I need to order.
            Originally posted by Jester
            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
            Originally posted by Denny
            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by downshift_me View Post
              I can also make tamales, tortillas(Harina and Maiz), fideo, etc. I'm an odd weda.
              As well as my white wife. Alomg with a long list of other mexixan goodies. The best one is 3s leche cake from scratch.

Comment

Tacos have names.... lengua, picadillo, barbacoa, pastor, fajita and they are served on corn tortillas with cilantro, onions and with limes on the side. You also get two kinds of salsa red and green, both of them hot. They are made best by people that speak little to no English and they are served with Elotes and Mexican Soda (Coke, Sprite, Fanta, Pepsi, Jarritos or Topo Sabores all made with real sugar).

I'm not sure what the fuck a "brushfire" is, but I'm pretty damn sure it's not a taco.

Thank goodness I lived in a small town in TX that is 90% hispanic for a long time so I know real deal Mexican food when I see it and taste it. You guys can keep your Torchy's Tacos and while your at it don't forget to raise your flag at Pancho's Mexican Buffet too. As long as you like bad Mexican food, you'll love Pancho's and On the Border too.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                  Tacos have names.... lengua, picadillo, barbacoa, pastor, fajita and they are served on corn tortillas with cilantro, onions and with limes on the side. You also get two kinds of salsa red and green, both of them hot. They are made best by people that speak little to no English and they are served with Elotes and Mexican Soda (Coke, Sprite, Fanta, Pepsi, Jarritos or Topo Sabores all made with real sugar).

I'm not sure what the fuck a "brushfire" is, but I'm pretty damn sure it's not a taco.

Thank goodness I lived in a small town in TX that is 90% hispanic for a long time so I know real deal Mexican food when I see it and taste it. You guys can keep your Torchy's Tacos and while your at it don't forget to raise your flag at Pancho's Mexican Buffet too. As long as you like bad Mexican food, you'll love Pancho's and On the Border too.

Have no fear, the Taco expert is here!

You really need to look in to the history of the taco. All of the above is far off base except for the comments on Pancho's and OTB, but those are clearly not Mexican food despite your claiming them to be.

I will say, Torchy's is absolutely "white people" tacos. But that shit is fucking delicious.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post

You sound jealous.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                      Have no fear, the Taco expert is here!

You really need to look in to the history of the taco. All of the above is far off base except for the comments on Pancho's and OTB, but those are clearly not Mexican food despite your claiming them to be.

I will say, Torchy's is absolutely "white people" tacos. But that shit is fucking delicious.
                      What he said....
                      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

• Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post

LOL. You're right, Torchy's doesn't sell Mexican street tacos. But they never claimed to either.

They serve tacos, as in they are "ingredients in a tortilla" but they're expensive and use more upscale ingredients intended to appeal to (yeah) white people. Do you really think they could sell lengua tacos off Preston Rd? C'mon man.
                        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                          Don't knock it till you try it, lunch next week at the Forest/Preston location?
                          WRX

Comment

• I hit up the Torchy's in Southlake last Friday on the way to work for the first time. Wish I had known they didn't have a drive through or that I could have ordered online or over the phone as the guy ahead of me had a big order like for an office. So I had about a ten minute wait which wasn't to bad.

I ordered the Wrangler and the Ranch Hand and both were good. I happen to like my breakfast tacos with a flour tortilla and Torchy's was nothing special. But I can tell you the tacos were pretty damn tasty. I think I dig the smoke brisket in the Wrangler more than I prefer the fajita in the Ranch Hand. I'll have to order two of them next time

Mexican or white tacos, whatever you want to call them. I live in Oak Cliff and can have what most people would call "authentic" tacos. But I don't mind tacos and burritos from other places like Torchy's as long as they taste good. I'll knock off a point or two because the tortillas weren't home made but it's hard enough to find them in places that serve you fast Mexican food. Hell one of my go to spots on the way to work is the Texican Burrito at Bottlecap Alley's. Pretty good breakfast burrito for $4 and although business is steady there, I hardly have to wait long to order and get my good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
                              I hit up the Torchy's in Southlake last Friday on the way to work for the first time. Wish I had known they didn't have a drive through or that I could have ordered online or over the phone as the guy ahead of me had a big order like for an office. So I had about a ten minute wait which wasn't to bad.

I ordered the Wrangler and the Ranch Hand and both were good. I happen to like my breakfast tacos with a flour tortilla and Torchy's was nothing special. But I can tell you the tacos were pretty damn tasty. I think I dig the smoke brisket in the Wrangler more than I prefer the fajita in the Ranch Hand. I'll have to order two of them next time

Mexican or white tacos, whatever you want to call them. I live in Oak Cliff and can have what most people would call "authentic" tacos. But I don't mind tacos and burritos from other places like Torchy's as long as they taste good. I'll knock off a point or two because the tortillas weren't home made but it's hard enough to find them in places that serve you fast Mexican food. Hell one of my go to spots on the way to work is the Texican Burrito at Bottlecap Alley's. Pretty good breakfast burrito for $4 and although business is steady there, I hardly have to wait long to order and get my good.
                              The wrangler is my favorite.

Comment

• Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
                                Don't knock it till you try it, lunch next week at the Forest/Preston location?
                                Sure that's close enough to work I could meet you there next week. However if it is even remotely as awful as Tin Star Tacos (and that shithole is packed daily), I will be burning the place down myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X