Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No.

Comment

They're trying to trick people. Bastards.

Comment

I am waiting for them to mark down, then I will at least give it a shot. I have been kind of wanting some salmon here lately.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
          I am waiting for them to mark down, then I will at least give it a shot. I have been kind of wanting some salmon here lately.
          I found sockeye salmon at costco yesterday. A whole filet for $14

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
          Originally posted by Leah
          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Well I gave them my money anyways. Granted, I waited till they drop the price. I really wanted some salmon. It was actually really good. The wife seasoned it well.

Comment

What you're seeing there is sockeye. The stuff that first hits stores, is King Salmon/Chinook. It has a short season of 1 month. That's the stuff everyone goes nuts over, and pay high prices for. Then comes the Sockeye, then the Coho.

Copper River isn't a type, it's where it comes from (Copper River in Aalaska). King/Sockeye/Coho are all different types of salmon. Marketing geniuses are trying to bank on the popularity of the Copper River king salmon, and make more margins on the lesser quality shit by saying it comes from the same place. Which it does. But it isn't the same quality or type.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                What you're seeing there is sockeye. The stuff that first hits stores, is King Salmon/Chinook. It has a short season of 1 month. That's the stuff everyone goes nuts over, and pay high prices for. Then comes the Sockeye, then the Coho.

Copper River isn't a type, it's where it comes from (Copper River in Aalaska). King/Sockeye/Coho are all different types of salmon. Marketing geniuses are trying to bank on the popularity of the Copper River king salmon, and make more margins on the lesser quality shit by saying it comes from the same place. Which it does. But it isn't the same quality or type.
                I was pretty sure that's what was going on. I hadn't had sockeye yet, and it looked good, so I rolled with it. I probably wouldn't have if it wasn't marked down though.

Comment

My Walmart has sockeye at $11/lb, and it's fantastic.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Reminder is late this year, but better late than never I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                      My Walmart has sockeye at $11/lb, and it's fantastic.
                      You get meat at walmart. Yuk!
                      2006 Civic SI
                      2009 Pilot
                      1988 GT
                      CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
                        You get meat at walmart. Yuk!
                        The sockeye he is referring to is from a distributor that probably distributes all over the US in all kinds of grocery stores.

That's like asking, you buy John Morrell bacon at Walmart? YUK!

Comment

I love salmon sashimi. Would you recommend this for sushi or is it best cooked/grilled?

Comment

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
                            I love salmon sashimi. Would you recommend this for sushi or is it best cooked/grilled?
                            It is NOT sushi grade that I know of. I've smoked it, pan seared, and grilled.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                              The sockeye he is referring to is from a distributor that probably distributes all over the US in all kinds of grocery stores.

That's like asking, you buy John Morrell bacon at Walmart? YUK!
                              That is not true. Even with the same brands you will get different qualities between the different stores.

A bag of pedigree dog food that looks the same at Walmart and Costco can be completely different grades depending on company specifications. Almost always the case with products at walmart, hence the cheaper prices.

Sure there are things that are the same ie. Coke, but even like your example the bacon possibly will be a slightly different grade. Walmart is bottom of the barrel dogshit. If we want to make america great again flush the toilet at work and stop buying from Walmart.

Mstng86 have you ever worked in food?
                              2006 Civic SI
                              2009 Pilot
                              1988 GT
                              CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

What is best prices you all have seen. At sunfresh market and they want 25$ a lb. screw that shit.

Comment

Working...
                                X