Interest in a DFWM BBQ cookoff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
    I did one in a La Caja China a few months ago and it was bad ass.
    I'm almost getting the feeling that you don't like me anymore.

<----Goes to check PM's, emails, texts, voice mails, snail mail, p.o. box and pigeon coop...
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post

<----Goes to check PM's, emails, texts, voice mails, snail mail, p.o. box and pigeon coop...
      He sent me a telegram and all it said was "Henry's a dickhead" you may have to ban him.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
        He sent me a telegram and all it said was "Henry's a dickhead" you may have to ban him.
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Aww, pobrecito. It was on a camping trip down on the river or something like that.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Damn I was just about to BAN is ass, good thing I waited. He invited me to that, lmao!

<----Feels like an eel...

Comment

Damn I was just about to BAN is ass, good thing I waited. He invited me to that, lmao!

<----Feels like an eel...
              it was at Garner State Park with about 40 people from Corpus

Comment

I'd love to smoke a Primal Ribeye.
                I smoked one that I got from Hines57 and it was glorious. I put a simple rub on it that was intended to complement but not overpower the taste of the prime rib and smoked it until it was medium rare using oak and hickory.
                Just don't try to make au jous from the drippings; it tasted a little crazy.
                Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

I've been trying to think of a way to make this more favorable to the guys with smokers. I'm willing to bring beer or sides, but the cost will definitely be more for the guys cooking. I'm willing to chip in if this is a weekend I can make it, or get some primal(s) from Hines57 for someone with some room in a smoker.

Another thought would be someone bringing wood that has access to a decent amount.

Thoughts or ideas?

I think this could be a good gtg.
                  sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                  17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                  13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                  86 SVO - Sold
                  '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                  01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                  65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

I'll bring a side and/or dessert, some booze... Whatever.

I want to be there to eat, and maybe learn a thing or two.

Seems to me a competition could get complicated with rules and shit. But I don't really know nuthin'.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                      I've been trying to think of a way to make this more favorable to the guys with smokers. I'm willing to bring beer or sides, but the cost will definitely be more for the guys cooking. I'm willing to chip in if this is a weekend I can make it, or get some primal(s) from Hines57 for someone with some room in a smoker.

Another thought would be someone bringing wood that has access to a decent amount.

Thoughts or ideas?

I think this could be a good gtg.

I got wood if anyone needs any. I live out in the sticks
                      Last edited by Hines57; 08-21-2012, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hines57 View Post
                        I got wood if anyone needs any. I love out in the sticks
                        TMI! and I don't need wood in my electric smoker haha
                        1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                          I'll bring a side and/or dessert, some booze... Whatever.

I want to be there to eat, and maybe learn a thing or two.

Seems to me a competition could get complicated with rules and shit. But I don't really know nuthin'.
                          With Matt and I there, there is no competition. . You're right though, with nobody trained as a BBQ judge, there's not much point.

I'm down to just cook, drink, talk some smack, and have some laughs.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            With Matt and I there, there is no competition. . You're right though, with nobody trained as a BBQ judge, there's not much point.

I'm down to just cook, drink, talk some smack, and have some laughs.
                            You sum' bitch. Now I have to cart my rig down!

Comment

Originally posted by Hines57 View Post
                              I got wood if anyone needs any. I love out in the sticks
                              Hey now, talking like that will get Brent all worked up. Just don't let him "show you what he just found Iin those trees "
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                                Hey now, talking like that will get Brent all worked up. Just don't let him "show you what he just found Iin those trees "
                                I guess I might as well have wood since everyone is fingering my meat and stuffing it in their mouth

Comment

Working...
                                X