Mexican Food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexican Food

I've been on a Mexican food kick the past few weeks and it got me thinking about who's got the best Mexican Food. Necessarily the best food overall, more for individual items. Post up your thoughts or where you like to go for a particular item.

Beef fajitas

Chicken fajitas

Enchiladas

Soft/crispy tacos with Pechuga

Soft/crispy tacos with Picadillo

Chille Relleno

Flautas (beef or chicken)
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

I came across this post looking around earlier.. Maybe something you would want to try in here:

Taqueria El Paisano on Lombardy btwn Webb Chapel and Denton Dr....forget the hands down reference just go try the al pastor tacor and find one in the city any better. The table salsa that they serve with the chips is one of the best (surpases the tex-mex places in flavor). I wouldn't stray much past that though. Tortillas hold this place down though as handmade would make it even more sublime.
    TAQUERIA EL PAISANO NO 1, 2911 Lombardy Ln, Ste 101, Dallas, TX 75220, 220 Photos, Mon - 9:00 am - 4:00 am, Tue - 9:00 am - 4:00 am, Wed - 9:00 am - 4:00 am, Thu - 9:00 am - 4:00 am, Fri - 9:00 am - 4:00 am, Sat - 9:00 am - 4:00 am, Sun - 9:00 am - 4:00 am

Tortas La Hechizera on Jefferson or Maple are awesome for the oversized sandwiches filled with the taqueira meats.

Taqueria El Fuego in Richardson is great for very different items namely the huitlacoche quesadillas (corn fungus) and also the flor de calabaza (squash blossom) quesadillas. The buffet on the weekend is not to be missed. Freshly prepared guisos and migas with hand pressed and griddled corn tortillas it is hard to go wrong there.

Fuel City on Industrial just down from Lew Sterrett just a ways. The picadillo tacos are excellent only problem is the corn tortillas would be better is handmade. I would eat them there with a careful eye on your vehicle as I have heard of people getting conned there. They also leave a funk in your car if you get then para llevar (to go). Still great tacos though.

Specialties: Fuel City is a chain of 8 destination stations that serve award-winning food while delivering unique, community-driven experiences for local residents, travelers, and regional truck drivers by providing safe, clean, friendly, and authentically Texan stations where everyday dreams come true.

Paletas Frutitas would be an awesome choice for street style ice cream bars and other frozen delights. Sure there is a larger place down the way on Jefferson but the vanilla bar with chocolate and coconut is just so hard to stray from. I have heard once the strawberries are more in "season" the bars get better and better. I had the frozen mango pop mixed with chile and a chamayo sauce poured on top like the locals did, it was also great.

For the best mole you will have in Dallas (perhaps the state) go to La Palapa Veracuzana (or call them to check the availability). The enmoladas are absolutely one of the best items you can put in your mouth. The mole is handmade from scratch along with two freshly handmade corn tortillas. I have been to Oaxaca and tried many of the famed moles and this was close to being my favorite and it is a Veracruz style. The seafood dishes namely the Huchinango a la Veracruzana (Red Snapper Veracruz Style) will probably never be beaten in freshness and complexity of the sauce.

I have just learned of a place in Fort Worth from a local foodie vendor (thanks Rupert Crabb at Aduro Coffee) it is a true Zacatecas style taqueria. Yes it is in Fort Worth but I need to check it out. He mentioned handmade corn tortillas. Tortilleria La Original De Zacatecas - 7931 Camp Bowie (btwn Cherry and Las Vegas Trail

El Atoron on Henderson just before you get to Cafe San Miguel and Louie's, I have seen has chicharron prensano (fried pork skin...just look it up) on the menu a rarity in these parts. Also the pembazo looks very tempting. Looks to be a very quality place.

That should get you well on your way

Comment

Originally posted by 94form2000z View Post
      I came across this post looking around earlier.. Maybe something you would want to try in here:

Taqueria El Paisano on Lombardy btwn Webb Chapel and Denton Dr....forget the hands down reference just go try the al pastor tacor and find one in the city any better. The table salsa that they serve with the chips is one of the best (surpases the tex-mex places in flavor). I wouldn't stray much past that though. Tortillas hold this place down though as handmade would make it even more sublime.
      TAQUERIA EL PAISANO NO 1, 2911 Lombardy Ln, Ste 101, Dallas, TX 75220, 220 Photos, Mon - 9:00 am - 4:00 am, Tue - 9:00 am - 4:00 am, Wed - 9:00 am - 4:00 am, Thu - 9:00 am - 4:00 am, Fri - 9:00 am - 4:00 am, Sat - 9:00 am - 4:00 am, Sun - 9:00 am - 4:00 am

Tortas La Hechizera on Jefferson or Maple are awesome for the oversized sandwiches filled with the taqueira meats.

Taqueria El Fuego in Richardson is great for very different items namely the huitlacoche quesadillas (corn fungus) and also the flor de calabaza (squash blossom) quesadillas. The buffet on the weekend is not to be missed. Freshly prepared guisos and migas with hand pressed and griddled corn tortillas it is hard to go wrong there.

Fuel City on Industrial just down from Lew Sterrett just a ways. The picadillo tacos are excellent only problem is the corn tortillas would be better is handmade. I would eat them there with a careful eye on your vehicle as I have heard of people getting conned there. They also leave a funk in your car if you get then para llevar (to go). Still great tacos though.

Specialties: Fuel City is a chain of 8 destination stations that serve award-winning food while delivering unique, community-driven experiences for local residents, travelers, and regional truck drivers by providing safe, clean, friendly, and authentically Texan stations where everyday dreams come true.

Paletas Frutitas would be an awesome choice for street style ice cream bars and other frozen delights. Sure there is a larger place down the way on Jefferson but the vanilla bar with chocolate and coconut is just so hard to stray from. I have heard once the strawberries are more in "season" the bars get better and better. I had the frozen mango pop mixed with chile and a chamayo sauce poured on top like the locals did, it was also great.

For the best mole you will have in Dallas (perhaps the state) go to La Palapa Veracuzana (or call them to check the availability). The enmoladas are absolutely one of the best items you can put in your mouth. The mole is handmade from scratch along with two freshly handmade corn tortillas. I have been to Oaxaca and tried many of the famed moles and this was close to being my favorite and it is a Veracruz style. The seafood dishes namely the Huchinango a la Veracruzana (Red Snapper Veracruz Style) will probably never be beaten in freshness and complexity of the sauce.

I have just learned of a place in Fort Worth from a local foodie vendor (thanks Rupert Crabb at Aduro Coffee) it is a true Zacatecas style taqueria. Yes it is in Fort Worth but I need to check it out. He mentioned handmade corn tortillas. Tortilleria La Original De Zacatecas - 7931 Camp Bowie (btwn Cherry and Las Vegas Trail

El Atoron on Henderson just before you get to Cafe San Miguel and Louie's, I have seen has chicharron prensano (fried pork skin...just look it up) on the menu a rarity in these parts. Also the pembazo looks very tempting. Looks to be a very quality place.

That should get you well on your way
      Great post.

Taqueria El Paisano
      My favorite spot.
      I'll always buy some salsa to go. Best salsa i've ever had. It has its day when i feel like the back up cooks are in and the tacos dont hit the spot. But when they do, i can go to sleep right after i eat it. LOL
      I do wish sometimes they had better chips, but that shit is free so i'm i cant really complain.

I use to go to this spot off NW Highway by Embassy Suites back in my HS days. Those were the best tacos i ever had, but we all stop going because people would get shot outside in the parking lot or robbed. I am tempted to go back. Tacos so good, make you wanna shoot someone.

My favorite torta is at that gas station by Baby Dolls, but i havent been there in 2 years. I think a lot of people here know what spot i'm talking about.
      Originally posted by 03trubluGT
      Your opinion is what sucks.
      You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

Let me just say it so Brent doesn't have to 30 times. Mi Dia From Scratch in Grapevine.

Mi Dia From Scratch in Grapevine.
        How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
          Let me just say it so Brent doesn't have to 30 times. Mi Dia From Scratch in Grapevine.

what is good there?
          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
            what is good there?
            Mi DiA dUdE!
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by 94form2000z View Post

Just went there for lunch today, first time, good shit! CASH ONLY
              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

My favorite mexican place is baja grill for a sitdown dinner, or El Taco H which is connected to Baja grill. Both places have excellent food, and if your looking for a cheap lunch El Taco H is a good choice for mexican food.
                Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
                Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Frankie's in Sachse. The brisket enchiladas and tacos are the bomb.
                  Vortex rear stand $75
                  8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                  My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                  but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                  11 4 door
                  13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Lol @ geor.
                    Originally posted by davbrucas
                    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
                      My favorite mexican place is baja grill for a sitdown dinner, or El Taco H which is connected to Baja grill. Both places have excellent food, and if your looking for a cheap lunch El Taco H is a good choice for mexican food.

I like El taco H, but Baja Grill is filth. I could barely get my food down last time I was there, because the place smelled like a sewer.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                        I like El taco H, but Baja Grill is filth. I could barely get my food down last time I was there, because the place smelled like a sewer.
                        Baja Grill is garbage, and I'm not a big fan of El Taco H. The food was ok, but I didn't care for the salsas.

And EVERYTHING is good at Mi Dia, you smartass no showing fool (@ Geof). I'd tell you to join me for dinner one night, but you'd drive around the parking lot and go home. And I don't know if you know how to handle yourself in MILF town.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Mariano's in Arlington and Dallas has bad ass fajitas and everything else. If you want to try a little of everything get "The Whole Enchilada platter". Its a serving plate with a plate on the side also and two people can share it. We also get the big mixed fajita plate at times and it is a lot of food. I think he ownes La Hacenda also and they have pretty good food and a similar monster platter.

Fuel City does have some good tacos also.
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                            Mariano's in Arlington and Dallas has bad ass fajitas and everything else. If you want to try a little of everything get "The Whole Enchilada platter". Its a serving plate with a plate on the side also and two people can share it. We also get the big mixed fajita plate at times and it is a lot of food. I think he ownes La Hacenda also and they have pretty good food and a similar monster platter.

Yes, he owns La Hacienda Ranch, Mariano's in Arlington, and Mariano's Hacienda on Skillman in Dallas.
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                              Yes, he owns La Hacienda Ranch, Mariano's in Arlington, and Mariano's Hacienda on Skillman in Dallas.
                              Yep, they invented the Frozen Margarita MACHINE also per the signs everywhere.

His best friend opened Amaya's in Lancaster around the same time he opened the first Mariano's. Amaya's just never did take off. I use to eat there all the time. He had great chicken fajitas, queso, and of all things, buffalo wings. The one in Red Oak is still there but the other two he tried in Dallas bit the dust. Only reason I ever tried Marianos was because of Pablo.

Do you like their food? I need to make it up to Mi Dia and give it a try on my next cheat day.
                              Last edited by kingjason; 10-17-2012, 03:28 PM. Reason: Punked by Shorty
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                              X