Never was big on Pumpkin...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never was big on Pumpkin...

I just mixed up a batch of batter for Pumpkin Spice Cake Bites, and HOLY CRAP, this stuff may be addictive!

Should be pretty nice enrobed in white chocolate. Would be even better if it were spruced up with some spiced rum.
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

I made a pumpkin pecan crunch dump cake that was pretty delicious.

Wanna share your recipe with the rest of the class, Sir?

Comment

Sounds good Martha.

Comment

Its a trade secret! I sell them by the box of 6 though my cake business.

Its pretty easy, spice cake mix, canned pumpkin, home made buttercream icing, and white dipping chocolate

Cake:
        Combine pumpkin spice mix, 2 eggs, 1 cup water, 1 cup of pumpkin. Bake and let rest to "dry" for 24 hours

Icing
        Any canned icing/flavor can be substituted. You can use cream, liquor, any liquid binder to help the cake stick together. I've spent the last year perfecting my butterceam recipe, so I'm not sharing that!

Load the cake in the mixer, churn it up and let it start to clump, begin adding small amounts of your binder (icing, cream, liquor) you want a consistency that will hold a ball and essentially break in half. I dip mine with a cookie scoop, they are the perfect size. Place them in the freezer to firm up, I dip with toothpicks and enjoy.

One batch of batter yields 12-13 boxes so roughly 72 bites

Comment

Can I start calling you "cake balls"?

Comment

One of the reasons I branded mine as Cake Bites, because of the ball comments!

Comment

Working...
            X