Rick's Chophouse in Mckinney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rick's Chophouse in Mckinney

Anyone ever been? Figure try out a place in old downtown Mckinney.

I went there years ago. It was pretty awesome. The chef there was on BBQ Pitmasters the show, Paul Peterson. I've heard he's left tho.

Comment

Talked to a guy at work and says it's pretty good. Might check it out. Wife's B-day, so we'll see if she wants to go or not.

Comment

They have a cool cigar/piano bar in the back too. Theres also a nice wine bar next door you two can go to before dinner

Comment

Went there and the service kind of started slowly, but picked up later on. Ordered a caesar salad, but tasted really fishy. Well, I never knew this, but it has anchovies in it. Of course, I'm no food aficionado, but that surprised the hell out of me....LOL. I've eaten it plenty of times and different places, but never tasted the anchovies. I had the the suffed filet w/shrimp(Carpetbagger). Was pretty good. I like butter in my potato, but they put a shit load of it in it. I tasted nothing but butter. Didn't know it had that much or I would of taking some out. Guess I'm a little picky on that. Oh well. Overall we liked it. Wife had the country fried ribeye and she like that. Pretty big ass RE steak. Not the best review, but I tried....hahaha

Comment

Went there this weekend and it was alright. I had the Grass Fed Filet and the wife had the Shrimp and Grits. The filet was just OK in my opinion. It tasted decent, but for a filet it was a fairly tough and chewy. The shimp and grits were excellent. The Crab cake appetizer, Caesar salad, dessert, and the drink recommendations were decent, but I wasn't blown away by anything. We may go back again since it is close however Charlie Palmers still has the best steak/filet locally and is worth the drive if you're looking to spend nearly $100 per person for a fancy meal.

Comment

Working...
            X