Canned fish/oysters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canned fish/oysters

Anyone eat sardines or other fish out of a tin?

Mustard or olive oil packed?

Had a friend who would buy these religously and eat them on crackers, but ive never had the stomach to try.

I like sardines. Only had oysters once but didn't think they were bad -- thought they kinda tasted like beef jerky or something. Don't eat either on a regular basis though other than canned tuna. If I eat sardines, I'll get on a kick though and eat them for a few weeks. Headless/boneless only, please, doused in louisiana sauce.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

fuck that shit

Comment

I got a call once where a 15 year old girl was stealing sardines and herring. WTF?

Comment

I haven't had any in a while but I used to eat Sardines at least a couple times a month
          1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Fuck No!
            I remember when I was little and Grandfather would throw a can of sardines in a bowl, dump crackers in and smash them together and eat the hell out of that nasty, stinking ass shit.

Comment

Fuck no...
              I remember when I worked at Pizza hut the same customer every week would order a large cheese pizza with 2 fucking cans of anchovies for toppings. That shit stunk up the whole kitchen.

Comment

Sardines - yes, in mustard
                Oysters - never had them from a can
                Anchovies - just tried them for the first time last week and they should just let those fuckers keep swimming! I damn near threw up.

Comment

Put all that shit on a hook

Comment

i gave my dog some sardines once and he went fuckin crazy over them! lol...

Comment

I used to eat "Kipper Snacks" growing up, pretty good as I remember. On a cracker, with a drop or two of tabasco.
                      WRX

Comment

I'm almost positive theres an ethnic or culture behind it. My family is pretty much midwestern (Oklahoma) farmers mixed up with some Louisiana Cajun... the whole canned fish thing seems to be a northern staple. That how ya'll started or was it just because your Grandparents did it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi View Post
                          I'm almost positive theres an ethnic or culture behind it.
                          yes, i think its called homeless.

god bless.
                          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I slide canned crab meat into my gumbo a lot. I can't get fresh crab with regularity out here, and it's too expensive.
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by elvis View Post
                              yes, i think its called homeless.

God bless.
                              lmfao

Comment

Working...
                              X