Smoked wild pig backstraps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoked wild pig backstraps

On Monday I got a small pig (and a smaller deer lol). Took the backstraps, which only weighed 3 pounds (just to show how small it was).

They've been in the fridge this week, waiting for this weekend.

I trimmed off all the silverskin, put some swiss between them, and wrapped them in a bacon lattice. There was a bit that stuck out, so I cut those bits off, and just seasoned those with some seasoning I wanted to try out.

Onto a frogmat and onto the smoker on smoke for an hour (roughly 150*). Then up to 185 until 155* IT. Then 275* til 160 to crisp up the bacon and cause a cheese lava flow. I pulled the small pieces earlier when they reached 160* IT.

I decided to pair it with home made mashed potatoes. I picked up 3# of yukon golds. Just wash them off, cut off any ugliness and into a pot of water with some salt. Bring to a boil and take them off when a fork sticks in easily. Drain off the water, smash the potatoes a bit, mix in 1/2 stick of butter, salt, pepper, bacon bits (the good precooked bacon, or make your own), shredded cheese (I use mexican mix because it's what I had) and milk to make them smooth (but not too smooth, lumps are good).

Plate it with some peas... and enjoy.

My wife added a salad and was very, very protecting of her bacon and cheese river.

Looks good except for the peas. I fucking hate peas.

Comment

looks awesome... I love peas

and there is a bit of boob in one of those pics, so this thread is all win IMO
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Legumes, Brad, legumes...
        Detailing by Dylan
        817-494-3396
        Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
        Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
          Looks good except for the peas. I fucking hate peas.
          I hate peas too, but had some in Toronto at an Irish joint that were the shit.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
          X