Peanut oil for fried turkeys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peanut oil for fried turkeys

Just a heads up to anyone frying a turkey this year, Sam's has 4.5 gallon jugs of peanut oil for $24.

I like to use baby oil instead.

Comment

Evbo?

Comment

I doesn't bother me if the babies were promiscuous.

Comment

Originally posted by Hmbre97 View Post
          Evbo?
          He better hope so, or someone is in deep shit.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

that's a good deal.

FYI for anyone new to frying turkeys, be sure to only pour the correct amount of oil. I hope that most newer fryers are marked with fill lines but just in case, unless you have some rather large or custom frying pot, you may be good with only 3 gallons... fill it too full and you're in for an unpleasant situation.

Comment

Is it peanut oil or peanut oil with other ingredients? The reason I ask is because Walmart has a 3 gallon for23 and it says peanut oil with other ingredients and it has refined peanut oil.

Is there really a noticeable difference?

Comment

I've only used 100% peanut oil so I don't have a tast comparison. Wasn't the big thing about peanut oil was due to the higher boiling point or something? I bought the 3 gallon at walmart but it was 100% peanut oil and IIRC it was like 30 bucks.

Comment

FREE SHIPPING for Plus Members. Sam’s Club Helps You Save Time. Low Prices on Groceries, Mattresses, Tires, Pharmacy, Optical, Bakery, Floral, & More!

100% pure peanut oil

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                    that's a good deal.

FYI for anyone new to frying turkeys, be sure to only pour the correct amount of oil. I hope that most newer fryers are marked with fill lines but just in case, unless you have some rather large or custom frying pot, you may be good with only 3 gallons... fill it too full and you're in for an unpleasant situation.

Yeah, my fryer has a fill line which is exactly the same as 3 gallons worth.

Comment

Anyone know if costco is selling peanut oil?

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                        I've only used 100% peanut oil so I don't have a tast comparison. Wasn't the big thing about peanut oil was due to the higher boiling point or something? I bought the 3 gallon at walmart but it was 100% peanut oil and IIRC it was like 30 bucks.
                        Higher smoke point, doesn't add any weird flavors other oils can and it's low in saturated fat.

Comment

Working...
                        X