Chefpoint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chefpoint

Ok, saw someone link the site on a thxgiving thread in here and it piqued my interest. A 5 star restaurant in a gas station? And close to my house?! Hm... Whos eaten there, and waht is good there for lunch? I think Im gunna take my wife and kid today and surpise her with a gas station restaurant.
    Thanks

I have been there quite a few times. The food is pretty good but it is not 5 star. The gas station part is closed and now all restaurant. There is a thread that mentions it a few times running around somewhere.

Comment

It's pretty good but as stated, not five star. It seems as they expand the quality of the food slips a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Been there a few times and the food is really good, but not 5 star.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
          It's pretty good but as stated, not five star. It seems as they expand the quality of the food slips a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          This

Comment

Chicken Parmesan is HUGE (they give you both halves of the breast), even for the money, and is pretty tasty.

I had the worst hamburger of my entire life there. I asked for it well-done, and it was burned crispy and crunchy.

The "better than sex fried chicken" was cooked perfectly, and probably one of the best pieces of fried chicken I've ever eaten. The mashed potatoes and gravy it was served with were very mediocre. They may have been very silky because they were whipped potatoes, but I couldn't tell if they and the gravy were made from powder or not.

It's worth a trip there, but don't expect 5-star food.

Comment

Duck a l'orange is good, bread pudding is out of this world if you like bread pudding. Go early on a weeknight if you don't feel like standing in a long line.

Comment

Originally posted by hotrod66stang View Post
                Chicken Parmesan is HUGE (they give you both halves of the breast), even for the money, and is pretty tasty.

I had the worst hamburger of my entire life there. I asked for it well-done, and it was burned crispy and crunchy.

The "better than sex fried chicken" was cooked perfectly, and probably one of the best pieces of fried chicken I've ever eaten. The mashed potatoes and gravy it was served with were very mediocre. They may have been very silky because they were whipped potatoes, but I couldn't tell if they and the gravy were made from powder or not.

It's worth a trip there, but don't expect 5-star food.
                Well done IS burnt and crispy! And cardboard. Definitely cardboard.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                  lol. No way. This burger was inedible by ANY standard.

Comment

I like this place. The artichoke bottoms are tha bomb.

All though, the last time I went the server gave me bread (like the always do before the meal) and said he wasn't really supposed to give it out, but they made too much. I was like wtf, mate?

Comment

Originally posted by hotrod66stang View Post
                      lol. No way. This burger was inedible by ANY standard.
                      Well done IS inedible. That's why it's the last phase of cooking.

Comment

Who orders hamburgers well done? You probably pissed the cook off.

Comment

Bryan... well done? You get ur steaks smothered with A1 sauce too dont u... Un american.

Sidenote, was unable to go today due to my wife having a damn doctor's visit again... But alas, I will make a trip there!

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                            Who orders hamburgers well done? You probably pissed the cook off.
                            Lol, this
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                              Yep. WTF?

Comment

Working...
                              X