D Magazine Best New Restaurants 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D Magazine Best New Restaurants 2012

To the Haters - Yes, Mi Dia made the list. Suck it.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    http://www.dmagazine.com/Home/D_Maga...s_2012_01.aspx

So they paid to get their name on the list, in other words. I believe you've said that before about their lists.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
      So they paid to get their name on the list, in other words. I believe you've said that before about their lists.
      Not D Magazine. At least not that I know of. The lists I was referring to, were the steakhouse lists in the airline mags. Those aren't really a "best" list. Those are advertisements for steakhouses that band together and pay for the ads.

As far as I know, D Magazine's Best Food, Best Dish, Best Restaurant, etc are done by their on staff food critics.

Comment

Finally got around to eating at Mi Dia a couple of weeks back. It's good eating, period.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
          Finally got around to eating at Mi Dia a couple of weeks back. It's good eating, period.
          Glad you enjoyed! Gabriel is a hell of a Chef, and takes great pride in his work.

Comment

I had no idea Gabriel DeLeon was involved. I have eaten at LaMargarita many, many times and he and Jaime used to buy stereos from me when I was in Irving in the early 90's. Our company parties were at LaMargarita as well. He worked there at the family restaurant with his father, uncle, and cousins. I knew he went to culinary school many years ago and he would show off on Valentine's day with special meals and deserts. Good for him! He is a great guy!

Comment

i was told about this place http://woodshedsmokehouse.com/ and now been wanting to try it. someday

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
                I had no idea Gabriel DeLeon was involved. I have eaten at LaMargarita many, many times and he and Jaime used to buy stereos from me when I was in Irving in the early 90's. Our company parties were at LaMargarita as well. He worked there at the family restaurant with his father, uncle, and cousins. I knew he went to culinary school many years ago and he would show off on Valentine's day with special meals and deserts. Good for him! He is a great guy!
                Yeah, I've been going to La Margarita for years. And he is a great guy. One of few genuinely good people in the industry. My buddy actually facilitated the introduction between Gabriel and the guy that owns Mi Dia, when he decided he wanted to open a Mexican restaurant. It's worked out extremely well for everyone involved.

Comment

Been to The Oak
                  Tiny portions, tiny menu, food is nothing special
                  Originally posted by lincolnboy
                  After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                    Been to The Oak
                    Tiny portions, tiny menu, food is nothing special
                    And I'm sure the prices were tiny too?

I went to some shithole diner in DC a few weeks back when I was up there, food was cheap, atmosphere was badass, and I enjoyed a nice black and bleu for under $10.

I'll read the rest of the list later.

Edit: it is called The Diner in Adams Morgan.
                    Last edited by Sean88gt; 12-03-2012, 06:27 PM.

Comment

D magazine is bullshit though and through. Their top doctors lists and hottest women in DFW is complete shit

Comment

Never been to any of those places...
                        Originally posted by Da Prez
                        Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                        Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

<-- still needs to try Mi Dia

Comment

If you have any play with the management... tell them to open one in Fairview/North Allen/McKinney area please. Id eat there 2-3 times a week if it wasnt a 75 mile round trip for me.

Even Plano/Frisco would be cool too.

Comment

Originally posted by STROKD View Post
                              If you have any play with the management... tell them to open one in Fairview/North Allen/McKinney area please. Id eat there 2-3 times a week if it wasnt a 75 mile round trip for me.

Even Plano/Frisco would be cool too.
                              Perfect in The Shops at Legacy - wished I had time, I'd go check it out now since I just landed at dfw, too bad I've got shit to take care of

Comment

Working...
                              X