Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mk5.0 View Post
    Anyone try Lockhart smokehouse ?
    If that's the place in the bishop arts district then yes I have twice. It's a lil different and I think they are trying a lil too hard to be different but it's not bad at all and the tater salad is to die for.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      Yep.
      Cool! Been hearing about his new place but didn't know it was already opened. I'll have to check it out myself now and I happen to be off tomorrow

Originally posted by mk5.0 View Post
      Anyone try Lockhart smokehouse ?
      I have a couple of times but not recently. It wasn't great but probably better than most places in the area. Haven't been in a year or so but the way people talk about it you would think it's perfect. My issue with them is they are charging like it's great BBQ and it's just "good". And what I mean by that is I've had BBQ from a few places in Lockhart, TX. I would drive all the way there to eat BBQ. I wouldn't drive half the distance for Lockhart Smokehouse (I wouldn't drive an hour for it either). Maybe it's changed but I haven't been back to test that yet.

Comment

• While not the "best in DFW", Slow Bone gets my stamp of approval. The BBQ is very simple. The pork loin was pretty dry. But the ribs had perfect pull, and the cilantro sausage was simple, different, but tasty.

The sides is what sets them apart. They are all done right, fresh, and made in house. And delicious.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• I wondered if you were going to post in here lol... it was good for sure
          1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

• The green Chile mac n cheese at slow bone was outstanding, and I'm a big fan of the okra and hush puppies for sure.

Had the ribs and tried the chicken today too, both were excellent. No over done rubs on anything, just great meat and smoke flavor.

I guess I haven't tried a better place in dfw yet, because right now it has my vote for best in the area. I haven't been to pecan lodge, Lockhart, or a few places on the ftw side.

Comment

• I'd be in for an outing to Pecan Lodge for sure and the others too (Ive been to Pecan Lodge and it's good, you just have to know its going to be a 45 min line )

Comment

• I have to agree with The Slow Bone review, pretty much the tits.

Comment

• This past weekend I went to Black's in Lockhart and Eddie Mueller's in Taylor. Of course they were both fantastic and make me sad for the BBQ situation in DFW.
                  When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                    This past weekend I went to Black's in Lockhart and Eddie Mueller's in Taylor. Of course they were both fantastic and make me sad for the BBQ situation in DFW.
                    You mean Louie Muellers? That place is awesome...

Comment

• Main Street BBQ in Euless

Comment

• I'm gonna have to add big racks in grapevine to the list, top five for sure.

kidding!

Comment

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                          I'm gonna have to add big racks in grapevine to the list, top five for sure.

kidding!

Glad I saw the white text...
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Morgan enjoyed Slow Bone today

Comment

• Hey, brad your post sounds really yummy!!
                              automatic gate openers

Comment

• Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                                You mean Louie Muellers? That place is awesome...
                                Yeah. Whoops.
                                When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Working...
                                X