Favorite BBQ place in DFW area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcoop View Post

As much time as I've spent in GV, I'm ashamed to say I've never been there. I'll have to check them out.

In general, BBQ in DFW sucks ass in comparison to Hill Country. I mean some places are good, but good is a relative term. I haven't found anyone locally that can compete with the who's who down in Hill Country.

It's nothing to go out of your way for, but it's 3 minutes from my office so we go fairly often.

Hill Country = Cooper's

Comment

I like Hard 8 and Ellis County BBQ in Midlothian has really good ribs
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
        Rudy's
        Hard 8
        Freds in Irving
        Lockhart in the hill country...
        Hard 8 and I'm known to drive to Lockhart on a whim. Cousins off heritage trace works too. Sauce is to acidic for my taste tho. I'll have to look into Fred's and Rudy .
        Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
          It's nothing to go out of your way for, but it's 3 minutes from my office so we go fairly often.

Hill Country = Cooper's
          They opened a huge Cooper's over in the Fort Worth Stockyards. Worst bbq I've ever eaten. The meat seemed to be boiled instead of smoked. Even the sides were bad. And if I remember right it was nearly $25 for some sliced brisket, two sides, and tea. NEVER AGAIN.
          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

the places i will be going to within the month are:

Mike Anderson & Freds

Im gonna get the loaded potato at Freds, whats really good at Mikes?
            Originally posted by 03trubluGT
            Your opinion is what sucks.
            You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
              They opened a huge Cooper's over in the Fort Worth Stockyards. Worst bbq I've ever eaten. The meat seemed to be boiled instead of smoked. Even the sides were bad. And if I remember right it was nearly $25 for some sliced brisket, two sides, and tea. NEVER AGAIN.
              This happens often when places branch out and open new locations. Cooper's in Ft Worth doesn't even begin to compare to the original location. I've been to the FTW and the original. Original is good. FTW was awful.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Hutchins BBQ in McKinney - 4 out of 5 IMO....

Comment

Anyone tried Lockhart Smoke House in Dallas off of Davis St?
                  Originally posted by Jester
                  Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                  He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                  Originally posted by Denny
                  What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                  FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                    I think someone commented on it earlier and said it was okay... Too lazy to look back.
                    Originally posted by 03trubluGT
                    Your opinion is what sucks.
                    You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

Originally posted by unkoricky View Post
                      the places i will be going to within the month are:

Mike Anderson & Freds

Im gonna get the loaded potato at Freds, whats really good at Mikes?
                      I'm kinda stuck on the two meat poboy (sausage and chopped beef with cheddar cheese). They're sause is good. I've yet to venture out though. My wife had their chopped beef potato and liked it.

Comment

There used to be a one old dude owned BBQ place off Main in Allen that was damn good, but he sold it to some toothless retard that fucked up the menu.

That said, I actually like BoneDaddys... Ive had other bbq like Spring Creek and red hot and blues, and BDs is better. but like someone said, it's all personal preference and very subjective.

Comment

Pecan log in Dallas farmers market had a good brisket. I think they're only open on weekends.

Comment

T
                            Originally posted by motoman View Post
                            The place was a top 10 in Texas Monthly a few months ago, with that said, I thought it was way overrated. It was after 8pm when I tried it so that may have had some to do with it. I would probably give it another shot early in the day to see if the 2nd go around was better. I love Fred's as it was the place to go growing up in Irving. I also like Odoms over in West Dallas and Outlaw in GP. I wouldn't say any of those were the best but always good when I go. When I worked at UTSW, Anderson's was a few times a week visit. Their loaded baked potato was a close second to Fred's. They also had a "sloppy Mike's" on a certain day that was pretty tasty. I now work in Las Colinas and can say the Sonny Bryans at MacArthur and Northgate is the biggest piece of shit ever. Its a disgrace to the namesake of the original on Inwood.

Comment

This one is weird. Hobbi's BBQ in Las Colinas, at the intersection of MacArthur and Walnut Hill. It's in a strip center, but the food is actually really tasty. I always get the Po Boy, they make it with brisket and sausage, and the roll they put it on is awesome. The spicy bbq sauce is the best I've had. And they have red Kool Aid.
                              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                                This one is weird. Hobbi's BBQ in Las Colinas, at the intersection of MacArthur and Walnut Hill. It's in a strip center, but the food is actually really tasty. I always get the Po Boy, they make it with brisket and sausage, and the roll they put it on is awesome. The spicy bbq sauce is the best I've had. And they have red Kool Aid.
                                I was actually going to mention this one when someone said LC earlier, but it slipped my mind.

Hobbi's isn't bad at all, I'm a fan of the place.... or at least back when I worked in that area.

Their catfish is awesome as well..

obviously I like taking pics of my food....

Comment

Working...
                                X