Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 Favorite BBQ place in DFW area? - DFW Mustangs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite BBQ place in DFW area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No doubt! I need to do a road trip to Lockhart, TX to remember what good BBQ is like again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
      I think the last time I bought BBQ it was from a guy who had a pit on a trailer at a gas station down the street from my house. I bought some chopped and sliced brisket along with a link sandwich. BBQ from this guy was much better than Colter's. Wish I had seen him Saturday

Should have gone to Slow Bone. I didn't even know Colter's was still around.

Originally posted by Bputacoma View Post
      Ouch that sucks. Man, wish i could start a franchise that sells crap bbq and get rich!
      If you look at most franchises, the large majority of them serve shit food. All you need is a simple concept and marketing.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Finally tryed lockhart smokehouse and was really impressed with the brisket. The sausage was only ok.
        07 GT500
        05 SRT10
        88 turbocoupe T-bird
        93 Cobra
        86 coupe
        Ducati 848

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          Should have gone to Slow Bone. I didn't even know Colter's was still around.
          I know! What was I thinking? Slow Bone would have been a little out of the way but would have been a ton better. They do carry out right?

Originally posted by mk5.0 View Post
          Finally tryed lockhart smokehouse and was really impressed with the brisket. The sausage was only ok.
          I need to go by there again. The last two times I was there were right after they opened and it was so so. I actually considered going there last Saturday but didn't want to deal with parking (which can be pretty bad on the weekends).

Comment

Had some family over Saturday night for my brother in laws birthday and I didn't have time to grill anything like I normally would. At the last minute we made the decision to just pick up some food and we decided on BBQ. I was driving from North Dallas and couldn't think of anywhere to stop so I decided to just pick up some BBQ from Colter's. Bad idea Both the ribs and brisket were pretty dry and adding sauce did not help what so ever

I think the last time I bought BBQ it was from a guy who had a pit on a trailer at a gas station down the street from my house. I bought some chopped and sliced brisket along with a link sandwich. BBQ from this guy was much better than Colter's. Wish I had seen him Saturday
            Jezzzus, that sucks. You have a Micho just around the corner, their stuff is already marinated and trimmed, fire up the grill, go to Micho, come back and everythings ready in 10 minutes. You can even buy rice, beans and tortillas. I'd do that before I ever went to Colter, Dickies or one of them worthless ass places, yack!
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I know! What was I thinking? Slow Bone would have been a little out of the way but would have been a ton better. They do carry out right?

I need to go by there again. The last two times I was there were right after they opened and it was so so. I actually considered going there last Saturday but didn't want to deal with parking (which can be pretty bad on the weekends).
              Wish I lived in the Dallas area haven't been too impressed with anyone's BBQ in the NFTW area

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
              Jezzzus, that sucks. You have a Micho just around the corner, their stuff is already marinated and trimmed, fire up the grill, go to Micho, come back and everythings ready in 10 minutes. You can even buy rice, beans and tortillas. I'd do that before I ever went to Colter, Dickies or one of them worthless ass places, yack!
              LOL my Step-father picked up some of their fajitas for our cook-out and he tried acting like he marinaded them himself, they have some good fajita meat there.
              Last edited by Randy; 07-16-2013, 12:19 PM.

Comment

They do carry out right?
                Yep. They also have stuff they don't cook every day, and is not normally on the menu. Like hams, gumbo, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                  There are actually a few places besides Micho around here to buy marinated fajiats (El Rancho comes to mind). Just tired of the typical red marinade that everybody does. I've taken to buying them unmiranated and doing them myself but didn't have the time. That and we were looking for something different and BBQ was voted in. I just chose poorly.

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                  Wish I lived in the Dallas area haven't been too impressed with anyone's BBQ in the NFTW area
                  I don't know why my mind went completely blank Saturday afternoon when we settled for BBQ. Not a lot of good choices in my area either except for maybe Lockhart.

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                  Yep. They also have stuff they don't cook every day, and is not normally on the menu. Like hams, gumbo, etc.
                  I'll have to hit them up this weekend. I've been saying that for to long now.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                    No shit! Damn I need to check that out.
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

No shit! Damn I need to check that out.
                      Another GTG??

Comment

Another GTG??
                        "Make it so, Number 1."

Comment

"Make it so, Number 1."
                          LOL!

OK who's up for a lunch GTG at Slow Bone? Maybe on a weekend?

Comment

• You KNOW my fat ass is in!

Comment

I was driving from North Dallas and couldn't think of anywhere to stop
                              I stopped off at a place in Garland a while back while getting some tires mounted up at Discount. The BBQ was good (I had brisket and hot link) but the sauce was only OK. I didn't search, has this place already been posted in this thread? Kind of a weird joint, operating out of a defunct old Sonic.

GARLAND: Hardeman's Bar-B-Que  4122 Broadway  Garland, TX 75043  214-703-0188  Open M-Thur 11-10, F-Sat 11-midnight, Sun 11-5 ...

I've been wanting to try this place: http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/13/14698...-B-Que-Garland
                              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

LOL!

OK who's up for a lunch GTG at Slow Bone? Maybe on a weekend?
                                I'm in. Weekend would be better, but not this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X