Favorite BBQ place in DFW area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
    I'm pissed about it too, that old toothless fuck can smoke some ribs, maaaaan.

Leave it to my dumb ass to get BANNED from a restaurant.

Maybe my wife is right, I may need counseling...
    Did you use the classic "ive been thrown IN better places than this" line?
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
      Did you use the classic "ive been thrown IN better places than this" line?
      No, I really thought he ran out of BBQ since I was sitting there in my car watching people come and get food and then when I went up there I was told he was sold out. Only to see other customers go up there and get food, it's OK, I gave him and his customers a nice smokey burnout and the wind was blowing in the right direction to talk about when I left, as well as the trash and bones...

<----I know, I'm so gangsta.
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• stuck on a conference call for a bit but looking to figure out which BBQ place I want for lunch today...

Comment

• Gonna try this place on for size....

Comment

• That the one in Plano??

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
              That the one in Plano??
              Yes and hes wasting his time going right now, he will never get in and they might be out of BBQ...
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• LOL! He better just head over to Rudy's!

Comment

• I had some pork rib tips from famous daves in Tennessee last week, it was the best shit I've ever had, I'd love to find somewhere to get em local like that.
                  Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
                    That the one in Plano??
                    Yup, this is my first time going...

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                    Yes and hes wasting his time going right now, he will never get in and they might be out of BBQ...
                    Shut your whore mouth, or I'll put more golf balls in your backyard this afternoon....

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                    LOL! He better just head over to Rudy's!
                    Shut your whore mouth x2! I wouldn't eat that scurve...

My review of Lockhart - the sides were meh (potato salad, cole slaw) but the deviled eggs were badass... Overpriced, but worth it.
                    • Brisket - got the moist, which was indeed very most. Bark had great flavor and a nice little fat cap inside. I rank this 1% below Pecan Lodge
                    • Ribs - They were too big and not enough time went into smoking them IMO. The bartender asked what I thought of them, and I told him. He went back and got me 4 more that were smaller and were done to satisfaction... not to perfection, but to satisfaction.
                    • Sausage - Good, but a bit on the greasy side. I still killed one of them, though.

I'd go back just to get a pound of brisket and deviled eggs. Beer was cheap at the bar as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                      Shut your whore mouth, or I'll put more golf balls in your backyard this afternoon...
                      I have Modelos on ice, but I'm not sure if I'll be home, I'll be driving around in the snake since its such a nice day, but if the back door is open, come on up to the fence and I'll hook you up.

And golf balls are welcome, I've got a nice little collection going on.

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                      [*]Brisket - got the moist, which was indeed very most. Bark had great flavor and a nice little fat cap inside. I rank this 1% below Pecan Lodge[*]Ribs - They were too big and not enough time went into smoking them IMO. The bartender asked what I thought of them, and I told him. He went back and got me 4 more that were smaller and were done to satisfaction... not to perfection, but to satisfaction.[*]Sausage - Good, but a bit on the greasy side. I still killed one of them, though.[/LIST]
                      Thanks for that, I've been wondering if its worth the time to wait in line, I hate waiting in line for food, especially if my fat ass is hungry...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                        I have Modelos on ice, but I'm not sure if I'll be home, I'll be driving around in the snake since its such a nice day, but if the back door is open, come on up to the fence and I'll hook you up.

And golf balls are welcome, I've got a nice little collection going on.

Thanks for that, I've been wondering if its worth the time to wait in line, I hate waiting in line for food, especially if my fat ass is hungry...
                        I got there 10min before opening and was about the 10th in line. Wasn't bad at all.

Comment

• I'm going to get some shift for this I'm sure but....

I really like the brisket at Gas Monkey Bar and grill

You can get the fatty part or lean part. And I get the fatty

Really good
                          1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

• Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                            [*]Brisket - got the moist, which was indeed very most. Bark had great flavor and a nice little fat cap inside. I rank this 1% below Pecan Lodge
                            oh really? now i will have to go check it out for sure cause pecan is still the best brisket i've ever had.
                            www.hppmotorsports.com
                            ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

• I was just thinking about going to hard 8 for lunch
                              1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

• Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                                Kreutz was decent 'Q, but...

This.

I was really disappointed that we didn't make it to Black's. Maybe we should have waited with the bikers!
                                kind of a bummer

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                                Kreutz is the newer bigger place right off the highway coming into town right? What time did you guys hit up Blacks? I went during the week (a Friday I think) and was there early like at 8 or 9am before they even opened. It's a small joint so I can see it wouldn't take long for it to get crowded. Me and my dad were one of the first people there and we stuck around till the opened.
                                we skipped Kruez and hit up Smitty's on our MotoGp trip. brisket was pretty good but pecan was better bark smoke and flavor. i was slightly disappointed... however, the ribs were great there and made up for it 10-fold. odd for tx bbq for the ribs to outshine the brisket but i can roll with it.

will hit up blacks for the WEC/Tudor trip.
                                www.hppmotorsports.com
                                ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Working...
                                X