Smoking, anything?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BradM View Post
    Cook it to temp not a certain amount of time.
    This.

I'd go 1.5 hours breast side down, flip for another 4.5 hours. Check temp, pull at 165* in breast.

Comment

Clearly the poultry has to be cooked to temp, but I was really wondering more of an estimate so I knew *roughly* when to start it in order to have it ready for dinner around 6:30... Sounds like I need to fire up the smoker around noon at 225-250?
      Originally posted by stevo
      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

You're in Oak Point right? I'll come over and taste test it for you but you better have some beer!

Comment

I'm in Little Elm, and when I run out of beer, I go to the store... In fact I usually keep my beer fridge stocked better than my gas tank in my truck.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
            I'm in Little Elm, and when I run out of beer, I go to the store... In fact I usually keep my beer fridge stocked better than my gas tank in my truck.
            Close enough, see you tomorrow!

Comment

I run poultry at 300-325.

Comment

A whole chicken shouldnt take longer than 3hrs. I do 12lb to 14lb turkeys in about 5hrs.

Comment

2 tenderloins rubbed and wrapped in bacon in the fridge for tonight
                  baked potato
                  Grilled toast
                  Salad
                  Big jug of sweet tea

Comment

Well my first attempt at smoking a chicken last night turned out awesome... it was perfectly cooked in about 3.5 hours. It had a killer flavor and was incredibly juicy! I'm supposed to do a boston butt this weekend, so we'll see how that turns out.

Stevo

Comment

Well my first attempt at smoking a chicken last night turned out awesome... it was perfectly cooked in about 3.5 hours. It had a killer flavor and was incredibly juicy! I'm supposed to do a boston butt this weekend, so we'll see how that turns out.

Ive done a couple of butt/shoulders. I like them, the wife will actually eat it too (she has a menu of about 4 things she will actually eat, it sucks sometimes)

I like to pull it, put it in a bowl and toss it in some light bbq sauce, just enough to add a tick of spice.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Its hard to fuck up a pork butt/shoulder - all of them I've done have turned out amazing

Comment

Originally posted by Prime-Tuning.com View Post
                          Its hard to fuck up a pork butt/shoulder - all of them I've done have turned out amazing
                          You'd be surprised...
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

So I bought my boston butt and I'm gonna smoke it for dinner on Sunday, should I brine it?

Stevo

Comment

So I bought my boston butt and I'm gonna smoke it for dinner on Sunday, should I brine it?
                              Absolutely should brine. I brine, and inject mine. DON'T PULL it at 165 degrees. Let it get to 190-195.
                              Originally posted by BradM
                              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                                Absolutely should brine. I brine, and inject mine. DON'T PULL it at 165 degrees. Let it get to 190-195.
                                If he wants pulled pork then I agree, however, if he wants to slice it then 165 is done.

Comment

Working...
                                X