I want your meat in my...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want your meat in my...

OVEN. Now that the weather is on the fritz and we can't grill multiple times a week , I want to know how to make some killer beef/pork/chicken dishes in the oven. (meat / potato / vegetable home...pasta & foodie = no way)

Sick of Shake-N-Bake (LOL) and want something with some Cajun flare, dry-rubs, even liquor-infused marinades...that simmer or sizzle in casserole dishes. (I clean more than most broads, but IMO my kitchen is for mixin' drinks to take out to sit by the grill).

Throw in any tips on transferring your ideas to the grill too, please!

UPDATE------------LOL @ the baker-haters. OK, then. Gimme whacha got for some bundled up (i.e. hoodie) grillin' on clean meats. (mainly reds - chicken is for the dieting days & smokers)
    Last edited by Victorious; 01-10-2014, 11:16 PM.
    I no longer shift gears - I switch beers. Cheers!

#boner

God bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Didn't read, too hard.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

No matter how cold it is, the grill still gets used.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
          #boner
          LMFAO I prefer boneless options. (unless it's wrapped in bacon...and has a nice sauced rub to it.)

Comment

Definitely, mstng86! Gonna be firing it up this wkend for sure. Just want some good options for extreme weather (to me - the heat here sucks FAR more).

Comment

Chicken Parmesan casserole, enchiladas, home made pizza, and crock pot BBQ tenderloins.
              "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

Originally posted by Country cracker View Post
                Chicken Parmesan casserole, enchiladas, home made pizza, and crock pot BBQ tenderloins.
                hahaha Tasty but....NO! Just MEAT! Are there no meat gurus left here (except Whiteboy)? We went to the Fair (State) and bought some amazing (and HOOOT) meat sauces. I just don't know how to incorporate them into oven-baking.

Comment

I want your meat in my...

We're men, we don't normally even use the words oven or baking, let alone in the same sentence, unless it's talking about what our wives or girlfriends should be doing. Except for 2002ls or whatever his name is, the cake bites dude.

Comment

I've never been a fan of oven cooked meat. Grill, smoker, or fryer!
                    "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

LMFAO @ Lone Sailor!! I was just askin' if there was an ALT on the option. I guess then, I should rephrase my initial post to - Whacha grillin' in the mild winter months. LOL

Comment

Let's cut the shit Nic, if by "oven" you mean "asshole" and "meat" you mean "fist", "face", "dick", "tongue", or "anything other part of Sean", then I'm in.

*This post courtesy of "Greeting Cards by Leah"

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                          Let's cut the shit Nic, if by "oven" you mean "asshole" and "meat" you mean "fist", "face", "dick", "tongue", or "anything other part of Sean", then I'm in.

I'll have to meat her first...

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post

First off... I'd like to buy you a beer sir. Almost every single one of your posts makes me laugh, a lot... So, your beers are on me when I meet you. (no homo)

Second, it's never too cold to grill or smoke your meat. BUT... there are times where it's nice to not have to worry about it if you're otherwise busy tenderizing a different meat or at work.

Crockpot Spicy Chicken:

Whole chicken
                            3 packs of Baja Citrus Marinade mixed as directed (packets usually found by taco seasoning packets)
                            3 Jalapenos halved
                            1 Habenero halved
                            3 large garlic cloves sliced thin
                            half onion (chopped)
                            cliantro
                            Lime juice

Dump it all in the crock pot on low when you leave for work, eat it when you get home.

It's also really good in tortillas with some spicy slaw-mole...

Slaw-Mole (consistency of guacamole but with coleslaw mixed in, really effing good as a dip too)

2 avocado
                            1 Habenero finely chopped
                            garlic (1-2 cloves finely chopped)
                            black pepper
                            red onion chopped
                            cilantro
                            lime
                            Red Cabbage (shredded)
                            Marzetti Slaw dressing
                            Cumin
                            Salt
                            Originally posted by stevo
                            Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

LMFAO and THANK YOU, bird_dog0347! I'm about to embark on buying my first (all-mine) full-size crockpot. You have given me the FIRST "man-approved" spicy slop recipe (even with certain "greens" that Jerm would NEVER "THINK"-to-eat)...shhhh, I won't tell! Awesome!

Born in Chi, bred in Chi/Jersey, Texan by procreation. I muuust learn how to cook land-to-grill...or crock. Goin' this wkend to get one. Had THE most amazing "off the bone" red beans/rice crock for our NYE party. It was also, crocked off the ham bone. I'm a changed broad. I just made a measly cornbread side. WTF?

Comment

Working...
                              X