No announcement yet.

Steaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I buy "kobe" pretty regular from HEB, but at $30lb I realize it is just a damn good steak and not the real thing. Unless it has some crazy marbling I get the prime instead of the "kobe" and save a few dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by Stunter Bob View Post
      Well I would like to think my sisters Fiance is not a liar. Call Nick and Sams Steakhouse and find out for yourself what they have. I was told only 3 Restaurants in Texas get a cut of the Kobe. I can only go off of what I was told. Either way they were the best steaks I have ever had the pleasure of devouring.
      He's either a liar or he doesn't know any better. Could go either way, really.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
        What is the connoisseur take on venison steaks?

Venison is great. The most common problem I have found with those that don't like it, is simply the inexperience in processing, seasoning, and cooking it properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
          Venison is great. The most common problem I have found with those that don't like it, is simply the inexperience in processing, seasoning, and cooking it properly.
          It's like black side scoops on a blue car, some people like it, but most don't.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
            It's like black side scoops on a blue car, some people like it, but most don't.

I had to use this one again.
            Ded

Comment

I think Yahoo is building their site content based off of our discussions.

https://www.yahoo.com/food/treat-me-...802015485.html

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                He's either a liar or he doesn't know any better. Could go either way, really.
                I would say as an executive chef with an extensive background in Culinary he probably knows what hes talking about. Either way I wouldn't share my real or fake steaks with you.

Comment

I would say as an executive chef with an extensive background in Culinary he probably knows what hes talking about. Either way I wouldn't share my real or fake steaks with you.

Comment

Hahahaha
                    Ded

Comment

That is how I started cooking my steak. I grill normally 3-4 nights a week all year long. I will not cook a good steak on the grill anymore. You can't beat this method.
                      Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Don't ever google anything. Just take people at their word.
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

<-- cooks steaks on the BGE.....

Comment

The fact remains, Nick & Sam's does not serve REAL Kobe beef unless they somehow beat out all the competition on incredibly limited supply, and started serving it since last March. You'd be surprised at the number of Chefs that can be clueless about their own trade. I had a manager/sommelier at a high end steakhouse argue with us about the availability of a wine a few weeks ago. His argument was "my wine vendor said so." He took that as gospel. Commissioned salespeople lie to make a buck, and that's the truth. I'm not knocking the guy, I don't know anything about him so I'm not in a position to make that call. I'm just saying you most certainly did not eat Kobe beef cooked on your $200 grill. Wagyu, sure. Kobe, not so much.

All Kobe is Wagyu. Not all Wagyu is Kobe. You keep arguing, despite the plethora of documented information available about the lack of availability of Kobe beef in the US, and the complete documented lies of the entire industry prior to March 2013.
                            Last edited by bcoop; 02-12-2014, 03:56 PM.
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                              All Kobe is Wagyu. Not all Wagyu is Kobe.
                              Church!

Though I would be careful, bobbles has been known to ride up next to people and kick off mirrors...
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                                <-- cooks steaks on the BGE.....
                                And they are delicious, might pick one up on the way home tonight to toss on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X