Movie for all you "foodies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jose View Post
    Guess I'm a neckbeard because Culinary Institute of AMERICA was not the first thing I thought of when I saw CIA. And I have no idea what a Michelin Star is either
    Mexican neckbeard

Comment

he mad

Comment

I met Benji who was with Aaron franklin in that scene. He's a really cool dude. Just chatted and hung out with people for awhile.

Comment

Guess I'm a neckbeard because Culinary Institute of AMERICA was not the first thing I thought of when I saw CIA. And I have no idea what a Michelin Star is either
          They have three campuses now. It's a very prestigious culinary school but also very expensive.

The Michelin star system used to be very important, chefs would actually commit suicide if they knew they were going to lose a star. It still is a pretty good indicator of the quality of a restaurant, I mean if it has a star it's probably a pretty dang good place and if it has 3 then you know it's great. However it doesn't mean that there aren't better restaurants in town that just don't cater specifically to their grading system. Especially since they generally don't bother reviewing anything outside of NYC, Chicago or San Francisco anymore. The fact that there are just as many 3 star restaurants in Tokyo as there are in the entire United States (0 in Texas) tells me the system has some flaws.

The movie was entertaining. I expected a little more drama and it was predictable but the videography was spot on and it was awesome seeing Guero's Taco Bar and Home Slice Pizza in the movie along with Aaron Franklin making a cameo.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
            Neckbeards that have never heard of the Culinary Institute of American and are confusing it with the Central Intelligence Agency should just wait in the line at Taco Bell with all the other neckbeards that don't know jackshit about food.

Do I need to explain to you neckbeards what the fuck a Michelin Star is too and why its a big deal?
            What a pretentious asshole.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
              What a pretentious asshole.
              Thank you.

Comment

Jose but you know tacos, and often times that's enough .

Comment

Working...
                X