salmon recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zora04 View Post
    spinach, cream cheese, honey/teriyaki didn't sound like a good combination. i think spinach and feta would be great without the honey/teriyaki.
    yes that would be wierd. those are two seperate recipes. whenever i use the honey glaze i just pan sear the fish, spinach reciped gets baked in the oven.

i had a pretty good dish at the cheescake factory, pan seared salmon with a lemon caper sauce and angel hair pasta. need to find a recipe for that sauce.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
      yes that would be wierd. those are two seperate recipes. whenever i use the honey glaze i just pan sear the fish, spinach reciped gets baked in the oven.

i had a pretty good dish at the cheescake factory, pan seared salmon with a lemon caper sauce and angel hair pasta. need to find a recipe for that sauce.
      it all makes sense now
      The hand that feeds, bleeds.

Comment

Top some fillets with basil and tomato. Bake. Serve on pasta with a lemon butter sauce.

Comment

Speaking of which... Copper River should be hitting stores soon if it hasn't already. For those interested, look for a Tom Thumb/Randall's to buy it from. They don't get it at all stores though. They usually run it on sale, about a week in to the season, for $9.99/lb rather than the $40/lb Central Market and Whole Foods charge.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

At the Kroger off of 35W @ Heritage Trace it's usually $8.99/lb
            If it weren't for the gutter, my mind would be homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by trailerparksuperstar View Post
              At the Kroger off of 35W @ Heritage Trace it's usually $8.99/lb
              That's Atlantic salmon, not the same as Copper River.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

For salmon, if I'm not grilling it I like to brush with melted butter, sprinkle with Prudhomme's Blackened Redfish Magic seasoning, then cook on cast iron.
                Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Salt, pepper, dill, lemons

Comment

I also make a honey balsamic glaze that's quite good, from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                      yak!!! ugh..raw fish

I've been trying to find a good bourbon glaze recipe similar to the bourbon glaze salmon that Cheddar's has.
                      Here's what I use to marinate salmon with before grilling:

Soy sauce
                      Pineapple juice
                      Brown sugar
                      Olive oil
                      Bourbon
                      Garlic powder
                      Black pepper

About a 1/3 cup soy sauce, about 1/4 cup each pineapple, brown sugar, and EVOO. Spices to taste. About 3 teaspoons bourbon (or more if you like - drink what you don't use in the marinade ). Marinate in the fridge for a few hours - or overnight - brush it with some marinade as you grill it. Watch out for flares as you grill due to oil content of the marinade. Also, DON'T OVER COOK IT. People have a tendency to over cook fish when grilling it, which drys it out.

Comment

we had salmon last night... brushed with a little persian lime olive oil, salt & pepper, fresh dill, broil...

it was killer
                        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                          we had salmon last night... brushed with a little persian lime olive oil, salt & pepper, fresh dill, broil...

it was killer
                          That's what's up.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            Speaking of which... Copper River should be hitting stores soon if it hasn't already. For those interested, look for a Tom Thumb/Randall's to buy it from. They don't get it at all stores though. They usually run it on sale, about a week in to the season, for $9.99/lb rather than the $40/lb Central Market and Whole Foods charge.

Tom thumb has it for $13. Anyone know where to go for cheaper around mckinney?

Comment

Working...
                            X