DFW BBQ Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
    Ive never been to the hard 8 in DFW, but Ive been to the one in Stevenville a handful of times. It's always been good, though I dont know if that one is better?
    Stephenville is much better. MUCH. It used to be, anyways.

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
    Had to take some coworkers there a few weeks ago from out of town.

One of the worst brisket experiences I've had in years. Dry and tough as leather.
    Pretty normal there. It used to be hit or miss, but now it seems to be all miss. About the only thing they consistently do right is that gigantic pork chop.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Well I feel better. I was starting to think i'd never had "good" bbq at a restaurant.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• So when/where is the next one?!

Comment

• Originally posted by GE View Post
          So when/where is the next one?!
          Next Saturday.
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• We were over in oak cliff looking at a house within walking distance of Lockhart's so we stopped in. Best BBQ we've ever eaten. I dont know what it says about our taste in BBQ, but we were blown away. We got the shoulder cod, and brisket

Comment

• Originally posted by streetdemon70 View Post
              Definitely gonna check out Hutchins tomorrow after the latest reviews on here.
              I'm hitting up the frisco one tomorrow. The owner of the MCKinney location changed frisco to mirror their food/quality. Currently, just lunch and catering at the frisco location but it will change in time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                Had to take some coworkers there a few weeks ago from out of town.

One of the worst brisket experiences I've had in years. Dry and tough as leather.
                I'm honestly surprised. I haven't been to the original location in a few years but I've been to the one in Roanoke a few times as it's near my office. Can't say I've ever had a bad experience there and it's at least at the very top of my top 10 of BBQ places in DFW.

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                Next Saturday.
                So Hutchins this Saturday right?

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                We were over in oak cliff looking at a house within walking distance of Lockhart's so we stopped in. Best BBQ we've ever eaten. I dont know what it says about our taste in BBQ, but we were blown away. We got the shoulder cod, and brisket
                That's good to hear Buzzo and I'll add that it's some of the best local BBQ I've had in the area as well. I hadn't been there since pretty much when they first opened and I was disappointed at what I had on those two visits. But I stopped by there a couple or so weeks ago and it was pretty damn good.

How was the house you looked at? First time in the area?

Comment

• I should be in...
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                    Well I feel better. I was starting to think i'd never had "good" bbq at a restaurant.
                    I always have to ask if the food I'm eating is any good. If it's not $19 a pound and I don't have to wait in line for 3 hours I just assume it's terrible until someone tells me otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
                      That's good to hear Buzzo and I'll add that it's some of the best local BBQ I've had in the area as well. I hadn't been there since pretty much when they first opened and I was disappointed at what I had on those two visits. But I stopped by there a couple or so weeks ago and it was pretty damn good.

How was the house you looked at? First time in the area?
                      This will be the 3rd house in Oak Cliff we tried to buy, this one is in the kensler park/bishop arts. The house needs a lot of work, and we are expecting to pay CHOO, but when we finish the house it will be worth CHOOOOO$$$$$CHOOOOOO!$!$!$!$$!$!$!

BTW We were back in the area going over a few things for the house, so we stopped back into Lockhart's for lunch. Again, best BBQ Ive ever had. I cannot think BBQ could be better. As you watched them cut the meat juice would just pour out. The shoulder cod is a must

Comment

• Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                        This will be the 3rd house in Oak Cliff we tried to buy, this one is in the kensler park/bishop arts. The house needs a lot of work, and we are expecting to pay CHOO, but when we finish the house it will be worth CHOOOOO$$$$$CHOOOOOO!$!$!$!$$!$!$!
                        Kessler*
                        and I hope you're planning an extensive remodel

Comment

• Originally posted by SVT Lurch View Post
                          Kessler*
                          and I hope you're planning an extensive remodel
                          oops, and yup.

Comment

• Went to the Hutchins in Frisco on Saturday and got brisket, sausage and 2 sides. The brisket was very good. Had a nice bark on it with a perfect amount of fat and great flavoring. The sausage was also very good.
                            2007 Silverado CC
                            1970 Mustang Coupe

True Street Motorsports. 972-542-9886

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
                              So Hutchins this Saturday right?
                              What time? Would love to get it locked and loaded so it's not a clusterfuck come Friday afternoon.

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                              I should be in...
                              What's this "should be" bullshit?

Comment

• Originally posted by Buzzo View Post

BTW We were back in the area going over a few things for the house, so we stopped back into Lockhart's for lunch. Again, best BBQ Ive ever had. I cannot think BBQ could be better. As you watched them cut the meat juice would just pour out. The shoulder cod is a must
                                Best of luck to you on your purchase. You need to check out Pecan Lodge next.

Originally posted by GE View Post
                                What time? Would love to get it locked and loaded so it's not a clusterfuck come Friday afternoon.

What's this "should be" bullshit?
                                I'm going to guess at 11am when they open. I doubt they will have much of a line but it's always best to get BBQ early in the morning while it's still "fresh". And I agree, what's this "should be" BS??

Comment

Working...
                                X