No announcement yet.

DFW BBQ Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How doog is the bbq at Main BBQ in Euless?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post

I'm going to guess at 11am when they open. I doubt they will have much of a line but it's always best to get BBQ early in the morning while it's still "fresh". And I agree, what's this "should be" BS??
      I got there right at 11 last saturday and was first person there. about 20 minutes after I got my food a decent sized line started to form. I might go back again this Saturday to try the ribs.
      2007 Silverado CC
      1970 Mustang Coupe

True Street Motorsports. 972-542-9886

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
          How doog is the bbq at Main BBQ in Euless?
          They've won national competitions in the past, in my opinion it's above average but the price makes it great. $15 for all you can eat with a drink included. Don't expect the greatest service and it's far from a nice place but the food is good and it's a great deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
            How doog is the bbq at Main BBQ in Euless?
            It's OK and as mentioned below it's above average especially when you look at how much they charge for their "buffet". I've been there maybe half a dozen times because it's sorta near the office and a lot of people from work live in the area. But I wouldn't consider it award winning BBQ regardless of what they have posted on the wall.

Originally posted by streetdemon70 View Post
            I got there right at 11 last saturday and was first person there. about 20 minutes after I got my food a decent sized line started to form. I might go back again this Saturday to try the ribs.
            I was pretty sure there wouldn't be a line but that's good to know. Maybe if you go up there around opening time you might catch us up there.

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
            Thanks for sharing.

Originally posted by BP View Post
            They've won national competitions in the past, in my opinion it's above average but the price makes it great. $15 for all you can eat with a drink included. Don't expect the greatest service and it's far from a nice place but the food is good and it's a great deal.
            Agreed. Certainly better than Colter's or Dickey's.

Comment

• So who's up for BBQ tomorrow?? Matt? GE?

Hutchin's BBQ
              1301 N Tennessee St
              McKinney, TX 75069
              11am

Comment

• I really wish I didn't work weekends.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                  I really wish I didn't work weekends.
                  I'll post up pictures for you

Comment

• Fucker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                      Fucker.
                      Crazie!

Comment

• Where are the pictures I was promised?

Comment

• Sorry bro.

Thankfully traffic was light as Hutchins was about an hour's drive from my house. I got up there about 10:50am and the parking lot already had a few cars parked there and people waiting by the door (always a good sign). Not to mention the drive through was already two cars deep and they weren't even open yet.

So Henry shows up and we get in line. No one else posted in the morning that they were showing so I wasn't expecting anyone else. As we wind through the line I can see the pits were the food is being kept warm. Reminds me of the pits I had seen at some of the BBQ joints in Lockhart, TX as well as the original Hard Eight. We opted for the all you can eat ($17) rather than the three meat plate as it's only a few dollars more. The sides are also all you can eat.

So I opt for brisket, jalapeno sausage, and ribs with a sides of the jalapeno beans and the mac and cheese (think it had some bacon in it). I really like the rub, it had a nice flavor of salt and pepper. The jalapeno sausage had a nice snap to the casing and the sausage tasted awesome. So far on this tour it's second only to Lockhart. Ribs were very good and brisket was good but inconsistent. I had two servings of the brisket and some slices were moist while others were dry.

Overall a very good trip and I would recommend it to anyone. Be sure to go hungry.

Comment

• I got the same thing Jose did for the first round. The brisket was very moist and flavorful, the ribs and sausage very good. I too got the AYCE, so for the second round I got turkey, ham and more brisket. So far imo Hutchins is only second to Slow Bone, I'll have to give the Lockhart OC location another chance and I can't wait for Pecan Lodge.
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• did you smuggle in your zip loc bags?

Comment

• Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                                did you smuggle in your zip loc bags?
                                lol.

I did bring a bucket full of golf balls to put in the back of your truck, so when you drove off they would be bouncing around your bed, my wife was lhao at my dastardly evil plan, but you ruined it by not showing up, ASSHOLE!
                                Originally posted by Silverback
                                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                X