DFW BBQ Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
    I got the same thing Jose did for the first round. The brisket was very moist and flavorful, the ribs and sausage very good. I too got the AYCE, so for the second round I got turkey, ham and more brisket. So far imo Hutchins is only second to Slow Bone, I'll have to give the Lockhart OC location another chance and I can't wait for Pecan Lodge.
    I don't know about you Henry but I had some dry pieces of brisket on my second "helping" so it seemed a little inconsistent IMO.

As far as ranking, if I included Slow Bone I would think it's second behind Lockhart Plano with Hutchins being third. I really like Hutchins jalapeno sausage though, it's a very close second to Lockhart.

Comment

• I didn't really notice, but my first helping was superb, as was the first time I went and got a sandwich. Maybe they give the AYCE peeps dry left over pieces, haha!
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• That looks good Jose!
        Originally posted by Da Prez
        Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
        Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

• I wouldn't mind going with you on some of these trips you're making but most of my week is taken up by work. Unless you'll be around the Fort Worth area, I could probably swing it for lunch.

Comment

• Damnit that looks good.

Comment

• I went back yesterday and got another drive through special, sandwich, fries and tea. The brisket was moist and tender just like on Saturday. I can't believe that place has been alluding me for so long. I' don't know how many times I have had to go to English color right next door and never stopped in...
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                I went back yesterday and got another drive through special, sandwich, fries and tea. The brisket was moist and tender just like on Saturday. I can't believe that place has been alluding me for so long. I' don't know how many times I have had to go to English color right next door and never stopped in...
                Dammit boy! I'll admit, I wish I had a BBQ joint like this near me with a drive thru.

Comment

• Was in downtown so we stopped in at Pecan Lodge, it was very good, but wasn't as good as Lockhart's IMO

ol lady's plate

Comment

• Sonofabitch that looks delicious!

I believe we have Pecan Lodge on the list for the next BBQ GTG...

Comment

• Smoke ring is weak on that brisket, but damn it looks juicy.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        Smoke ring is weak on that brisket, but damn it looks juicy.
                        Yeah, but the one on the ribs looks stellar.
                        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                        dont downshift!!
                        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                          ol lady's plate
                          She sure does eat a lot....

Comment

• Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                            She sure does eat a lot....
                            She didn't eat it all. There were some onions and a rib left

Comment

• Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                              Yeah, but the one on the ribs looks stellar.
                              Yes it does. The only thing I can fault Pecan Lodge is that I think they are weak on the sides compared to other places like Lockhart and Slow Bone. Otherwise their meat is top notch and I can't wait till we hit up that place on the Tour.

I'm going to be out of town the next couple of weekends, leaving 8/15 and coming back 8/24. So maybe after I get back we can hit up Pecan Lodge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
                                Yes it does. The only thing I can fault Pecan Lodge is that I think they are weak on the sides compared to other places like Lockhart and Slow Bone. Otherwise their meat is top notch and I can't wait till we hit up that place on the Tour.

I'm going to be out of town the next couple of weekends, leaving 8/15 and coming back 8/24. So maybe after I get back we can hit up Pecan Lodge.
                                The sides are the only reason I go to hard 8 in Coppell. Their meat is OK, but that sweet Jalapeno corn is the shit.

Comment

Working...
                                X