No announcement yet.

DFW BBQ Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The wife and I were in S.A. this weekend, I had to make a choice between, Blacks, Smittys and Kruez. I chose Blacks (thx Jose) and we had some of the best BBQ I have ever had. The place was small and packed for 2:00pm on a Friday. The brisket was hands down the best I've ever had, lots of flavor and very moist. The jap & cheddar sausage was delicious, a little greasy but fatties like me need all the fat we can get. If you're a true carnivore the big beef ribs are a meal in itself. The sides were to die for, potato salad, creamed corn, were out of this world. That 130 tollway tax is worth every cent to get to Lockhart quick!
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Ive been going to lockhart's once a week for the past few weeks, I have yet to have a bad day. Only thing I can say bad is one time I took a friend who was being a ho about how he didnt want fatty meat so we ordered the lean brisket. It was good for what it was, but god damn it what kind of queer eats fucking lean BBQ???

Comment

• Originally posted by War Machine View Post
        Ive been going to lockhart's once a week for the past few weeks, I have yet to have a bad day. Only thing I can say bad is one time I took a friend who was being a ho about how he didnt want fatty meat so we ordered the lean brisket. It was good for what it was, but god damn it what kind of queer eats fucking lean BBQ???
        Your boyfriend, apparently.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
            Chris Rock, is that you???

Comment

Chris Rock, is that you???
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

but god damn it what kind of queer eats fucking lean BBQ???
                lol
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                  Updating my list (notice no one is a 10, I haven't found that Oh My God I could die after eating here BBQ yet)

8-9 - Damn Good BBQ, will stop any chance I get
                  7 - Will be back fo sho
                  6 - Would eat again
                  5 - Might eat again
                  1-4 - Not gonna go back ever

Big Daddy's - Lavon - 9
                  Kreuz, Blacks, Smitty's - Lockhart - 9
                  Lockhart - Plano - 8
                  Slow Bone - Dallas - 8
                  Sammy's BBQ - Dallas - 8
                  Best Quality Meats - Temple - 7
                  Vitek's - Waco - 7
                  Old Main Meat Market - Lewisville - 7
                  Marshall's BBQ - Carrollton - 7
                  Railroad BBQ - So Austin - 7
                  Mike Anderson's - Dallas - 7
                  Baker's Ribs - Dallas - 7
                  Fred's BBQ - Irving - 7
                  Rudy's - Any - 7
                  Mac's BBQ - Corpus - 7
                  Van's BBQ - Oakville - 7
                  Ten50 BBQ - Richardson - 6
                  Up in Smoke - Hillsboro - 6
                  Hinze's BBQ - Sealy - 6
                  Miller's BBQ - Corpus - 6
                  Soulman's - Richardson - 6
                  Spring Creek - Any - 6
                  Sonny Bryan's - Any - 6
                  Bill Miller's BBQ - Any - 6
                  Green Mesquite - So Austin - 5
                  Hobbi's BBQ - Irving - 5
                  Hard Eight - Coppell - 4
                  Bone Daddy's - Any - 3
                  Red Hot & Blue - Any - 2
                  Smokin Racks - Plano - 2
                  Dickey's - Any - 1
                  Man this list is wildly different than mine. You like your meat a little plain I take it?

Big daddy's and Marshall's were terrible any time I've been. Hard 8 would be in the top quarter of my list, with Hutchins nearing the top (during lunch hour). Salt luck would be up there too...Rudy's is great for what it is...but nothing amazing and their sauce sucks. I can't remember the name, but there was a place in Houston that almost got a 10 on your scale.

Edit: Marshall's is the only place I've struggled to finish the brisket simply because there was just no taste.

Comment

• Ive never been impressed with salt lick. I grade it as the same as bakers, dickeys, shit like that

Comment

• Finally made it to Pecan Lodge Saturday. This is the best BBQ I've had in Dallas. Lockharts was my status quo but it's now been replaced by Pecan Lodge. Their flavor and seasoning is VERY similar to my own, I felt like I was eating my own Q.

We arrived at 10:30am to about 50 people ahead of us already. By the time 11:00a rolled around, we'd met everyone around us and the line had another 50 people behind us. We were all anxious, excited and hungry.

We ordered: 1/2lb brisket, 1/2lb of pulled pork and originally ordered 2 beef ribs, but when we were informed those 2 beef ribs alone would be $66, we switched to just one. For our sides, we got the Mac and Cheese and the Fried Okra. Our total bill was $69.xx

The brisket was tender, seasoned perfectly and simply with nice bark. I think their seasoning is somewhere are salt/pepper/garlic... and maybe a couple other things. This was the best brisket I've ever had.

Pulled Pork - Full of flavor but a little on the dry side. Their vinegar based bbq sauce was PERFECT for it though. Even though it could've been a little more moist, again, their seasoning was spot on.

The Beef rib - This was the special for Saturday and we're believers that if you're going to try something new (Pecan Lodge) that you should go all out the first time. So we did. Despite this single rib costing $28.60 by itself - it weighed 1.3lbs @ $33/lb - It was worth it, and i'd do it everytime we go back if it's available. That said, by the time we got our food, they had scratched beef rib off the menu for being sold out. It was fantastic, it melted in your mouth.

It was huge.

Sides. The mac and cheese was good - i don't even like that stuff and their was really good, 5 cheeses, little bit of jalapeno - tasty stuff. Fried okra was perfect - crispy and not over cooked.
                      I build websites. PM me.

Comment

• Does Pecan lodge sale out often on week days?

Comment

• have you guys come out to 4 T's in Forney yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                            have you guys come out to 4 T's in Forney yet?
                            is it worth a shit?

Comment

• I was waiting for you guys to tell me!!

I have heard good things but I have not tried it yet. Maybe I will try it and then let you guys know if its worth the drive.

Comment

Does Pecan lodge sale out often on week days?
                                Never been during the week, that was my first time. I'd imagine they sell out everyday.

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                                I was waiting for you guys to tell me!!

I have heard good things but I have not tried it yet. Maybe I will try it and then let you guys know if its worth the drive.
                                Let us know how it is!
                                I build websites. PM me.

Comment

Working...
                                X